Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, I checked on your daylight loss and it is 2 minutes per day, @baymule .

Having a second cup of tea for breakfast. A little  beat from running the equipment, yesterday. Activities didn't end when I arrived home. Lawn irrigation. Harvest to put away.

I put away some melon and zucchini bread for breakfast :).

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Relaxing with a cup of nectar from the gods, aka hot black tea with lots of organic cream. It was so nice to sleep until 9 this morning until the hungry dogs told me to get up and fix their breakfasts. I have homemade doughnuts for my own breakfast, bought yesterday at the farmers market, the perfect accompaniment to a second cup of tea, and a mid-morning snack for the dogs.

All this week I've had to set alarms to wake up at the crack of dawn for various appointments, and I am so not a morning person. Yesterday I hauled the old chicken wire from the dismantled tree cages, some old dried out paint cans, ancient household chemicals (drain cleaners and the like), and spent batteries to the hazardous & other waste drop-off, a brief stop at the post office, then went to the walk-in medical clinic for flu, covid, and RSV shots only to find out they have no vaccines yet (grrr!), and lastly to the farmers market. The day before that was a post surgery trip to the vet with Mabel who is mostly healed but still confined to a soft food diet for a bit longer, and some other errands. And earlier in the week on call for the two guys doing annual maintenance, one on the furnace and the other on the A/C. I just hope all this running around doing busy-work is at an end for at least a few weeks. The older I get, the more exhausting it is.

Of course we finally had a stretch of nice weather while I was stuck in the car running errands, but now they are predicting another week of rain. I think today is my last chance to get out, trim weeds, and put the gardens to bed for the winter before being stuck in the house for awhile.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
7272aac34a801a999f3694cdcc004f5d.jpg

Everything is by the coffee pot waiting for cups to be brewed or glasses of Iced Coffee to be made.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:). (Folks in US, were you ready for that FEMA text alert, yesterday? )

Steve
We were in big feed store and it was crazy! The alert sounds were everywhere, all around us. Fen didn’t know what to think!

Didn’t get my coffee until after I fed all the critters and cleaned chicken/rabbit run.
I gathered some of the garden stuff, its winding down but we are still getting a lot!
IMG_5813.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Sunday. And, I am somewhat beat. Carpet shampoo tasks on two days this week which included yesterday. The chore wasn't so much dealing with the carpet as it was moving everything OFF the carpet, out of the room and back. Yesterday was also a lawn mowing day and a laundry day. There I was, hanging things out on a 41°f morning (5°C).

It was a beautiful day with a sunny afternoon and nearly 80f (27C). Supposed to be an even warmer Sunday and this is ideal for opening windows and setting up fans for drying the carpets. One more room – am I too tired for it ...

Here's a coffee-related article by a marketing professor. LINK Don't expect to learn your route through the coffee aisle as the title might suggest. Rather, the "conversation" will just give you a little insight into some terms and, perhaps, make you more inclined to continue your quest for the beans that bring you pleasure.

:caf Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...It was a beautiful day with a sunny afternoon and nearly 80f (27C). Supposed to be an even warmer Sunday and this is ideal for opening windows and setting up fans for drying the carpets. One more room – am I too tired for it ...

you get my respect for accomplishing all of that!

38F here this morning. brrr out there! glad to be inside where it is warm. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW took pity on me and said that she felt that there was no reason to move the bed out of that room. I replied that if it was just tipped out of the way for vacuuming shampooing around it wouldn't be worth the effort and vacuuming could be done any olde day. So, my exercise for the day was digging out part of a bed and burying compostables from the yard :).

Surprisingly hot afternoon but much more enjoyable work. One segregated bucket of seedy material will go with the garbage this morning. Helpful activity in my recovery and the other hoover can stay in the basement :).

I'd better get to making some tea and then breakfast. Banana pancakes sound okay?

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is made, y’all help yourself. Steve, I’ll pass on the banana pancakes, I don’t like bananas. I have some bran muffins, they are ok. Not great, just ok. I zested an orange and added the juice too, just a faint orange taste. Should have added more but I only had the one orange.

Latest posts