Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
good-morning-hot-coffee-on-winter-afv1hgu6qbimb6lp.gif

images

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Up a little later than usual so I have to stay on schedule. 🏃‍♂️.. Okay, I have the tea kettle on for oolong and herbal ;).

Awakened from the strangest dream. I was rollerskating under a bridge and through derelict buildings where refugees had taken shelter. I picked up a little kid with the idea that I could move him to the front of the line and, as an American citizen, be of help to him getting him out of this terrible environment. But, there was no "front" and no one was leaving to any better place.

I skated back to return him to his family but they weren't where they had been. I was beginning to desperately search for them thinking that there was no way for me to even know that I personally could skate out of this terrible place. We found them and I woke up in this house where DW and I have lived for nearly 30 years.

🛼🛼 ...Breakfast! Malto-meal and one of those bananas that look to be soon going around the bend.

digitS'

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@digitS' that is strange dream! I wonder if there's a meaning to it and what your subconscious is trying to tell you with it.
It's probably a hopeful sign that he was able to find the family at the end. If not, this dream would most likely have represented serious unresolved conflicts in life, and helplessness in the face of them. I'm sure depressing world events set the stage for this disturbing dream.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It reflects on my life.

I returned to school (1 of several times) in a graduate program after coming to know Hmong refugee families about 1980. They had escaped from Laos and spent several years in UN refugee camps in Thailand. Their English was very limited and I knew little about them despite that long war in SE ASIA and my schooling as an Anthropology major.

My research involved how family loss changed parenting values. Many of these people had been refugees in their own country for years with displacement because of the war. An example: one person had been a child when US airplanes bombed the family's village. The village was in a valley leading into North Vietnam. The Ho Chi Minh Trail. Then and there, the family had to make a choice, travel down river to Vietnam or move further inland to fortified villages supported by the CIA. They chose the later.

At the end of the war, and further loss of family members, the survivors moved to a place where no one had lived before and no one lives now. It reminds me of the displacement of Native Americans to similar locations 150+ years ago, except this was done by a communist government. They called their new community, "Chicken Sh** Town." More family died and this one person escaped from Laos with distant relatives.

That family was one where I volunteered as a tutor for the school kids. This was something that I had been doing for awhile, kids from about 10 to college students. It became rather time consuming and I would collect them together, drive off to a church with an adult program for English as a Second Language. We would set up in a Sunday school classroom and I would move around the desks as they did their homework, fifth grade through college freshmen :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's probably a hopeful sign that he was able to find the family at the end. If not, this dream would most likely have represented serious unresolved conflicts in life, and helplessness in the face of them. I'm sure depressing world events set the stage for this disturbing dream.

i get really frustrated by dreams where i go back to do something and it isn't there and often that will be enough to wake me up.

yes, world events. :(

Latest posts