Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
050401B6-1704-43F1-ADE4-92D4E557BF8E.png
It helps that it is done relative to average wage.

Cost of running a business? (Expense relative to real estate in those cities?)

Tourist destinations. Weather (cool and gloomy). Few hours of winter daylight. Relative to consumption of sweet tea. Absence of anything else to drink ? 😄

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having oatmeal with a crisp Opal apple and thinking about @Artichoke Lover 's dream.

Several years ago, a common first thought upon waking was "what did I eat?!!" Since stomach problems are much less common than during that time, this thought doesn't often now occur to me.

Bland breakfast, but that's suitable. It's been right at 12 hours since I've eaten. DW has a beef steak out of the freezer. We will share it, midday. It will be our most "complex" meal. Veggies, fruit ...

The other day I snapped a picture of the kitchen table with 3 baskets overflowing with fruit. Sent that to DD and DS - how we eat these days. Apples of 3 kinds, bananas, oranges of 2 kinds, pears, kiwi, DW's pomegranate ;). DW put a can of peaches on the counter about 2 days later. I knew that we weren't gonna get around to opening it, even if peaches are probably her favorite. Time enough to transition to canned fruit coming up in about a month. Shucks, I'll even be buying applesauce ;).

We actually have 2 coolers of veggies on the deck just outside the backdoor. They stayed out rather than being carried into the utility room because it's just hit the freezing mark. Nothing special, mostly carrots and parsnips - same as out in the storage pit in one of the garden beds. (I have a nice little board pathway to that this winter, hopefully, making snowy and muddy access a little easier ;).)

Doing our best with a healthy diet, as we imagine it. Oh, there are some spicy Italian sausage in the fridge. There's an indulgence. Hopefully, good judgment will play a role in how we use it :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My after-breakfast cup of tea is cooling beside the lazyboy. The blueberry and banana waffles were Belgium style - don't usually go for those. I tend to put too much syrup or jam on them ;).

@baymule , you talking (bragging thread) about your granddaughter being able to smell hot chocolate from 2 blocks away reminds me of my own uncertain skills. Supposedly, it's a myth that one sense is stronger if another sense is limited or lost. More recently, it has been thought that it's just that the other senses become more relied upon.

I don't know. I do seem to have a good sense of smell - 2 blocks from the hot chocolate good? :D. Recently, I've been wondering about using my own hot peppers in the cocoa instead of relying on Tabasco. Certainly, there are plenty of Super Chilies. Grinding them into powder with the mortar and pestle would have to be thorough and then, careful measuring. I'd better buy a can of cocoa and get off this silly bagged stuff!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a little adult time. granddaughters are asleep. LOL They have snotty noses, coughing. So naturally I have a scratchy throat and feel the crud coming on. Happens every time. But it is so worth it!

i hope you will not get knocked out from it, but yeah, enjoy every moment you get. :) we call it the crud too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Certainly, there are plenty of Super Chilies. Grinding them into powder with the mortar and pestle would have to be thorough and then, careful measuring. I'd better buy a can of cocoa and get off this silly bagged stuff!
If you have enough dried peppers and they are truly dry take a blender or food processor outside where the powder doesn't attack you and turn them into powder that way. You have to have enough volume for this to grind it up and you do not want to do this where you have to breather the air. I store it in a glass jar with a lid.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son is working on the far north side of Houston, in Humble. He went to Lowes this afternoon to get a new kitchen faucet for his RV. When he got back in his truck, the passenger window was shattered. Closer look, the door was messed up. He was on hold 25 minutes to talk to someone at the police station. Then waited over an hour for the police to come make a report for the insurance. Cop told son his truck was going to Mexico to the cartel. Truck is a 2019 F350 King Ranch dually, with all the whistles and bells. If it had been stolen, there aren’t any trucks at the dealerships. He would have been afoot. He’s not real happy right now. Got an appointment on Monday to get window fixed.

Meanwhile, my car is broke down. It’s at my sister’s in Conroe. Neighbor Robert is getting his wife’s nephew’s car hauler and we are going down Monday to get it. Car thieves don’t want it! LOL

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My son is working on the far north side of Houston, in Humble. He went to Lowes this afternoon to get a new kitchen faucet for his RV. When he got back in his truck, the passenger window was shattered. Closer look, the door was messed up. He was on hold 25 minutes to talk to someone at the police station. Then waited over an hour for the police to come make a report for the insurance. Cop told son his truck was going to Mexico to the cartel. Truck is a 2019 F350 King Ranch dually, with all the whistles and bells. If it had been stolen, there aren’t any trucks at the dealerships. He would have been afoot. He’s not real happy right now. Got an appointment on Monday to get window fixed.

Meanwhile, my car is broke down. It’s at my sister’s in Conroe. Neighbor Robert is getting his wife’s nephew’s car hauler and we are going down Monday to get it. Car thieves don’t want it! LOL
:rant I hate selfish greedy, good for nothing thieves.

I'm sorry and hope everyone gets these cars fixed soon :hugs

Latest posts