Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm home, dogs were so excited to see me. Sentry was crying, he was so excited. After I fed the dogs and sheep, I spent time with Sentry and Sheba, the Anatolians. I spent time with the sheep, I have 2 ewes that are about to explode. They are Jamica Sheep--as in Ja' Make-uh Me Crazy! Will they EVER lamb???

Sentry took me for a walk around the pasture so he could show me that he has been working. He looks back to see if I am following. Of course Sheba came too, then 8 young ewes and the ram. It was quite the parade. LOL
Those animals love you! And it's easy to see/read why :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday evening when I fed, one ewe did not rush to eat, she didn't eat at all. Uh-huh, Lucy was fixin' to lamb. I pulled up a handy milk crate to sit on and watched. She had twins and they were up and wobbling around, got their first milk. It was dark by that time, so I went in the house.

This morning I checked on them. Lucy’s twins are both white, boy and a girl. I’m happy with that!

471FA518-2537-4722-88F9-1984683C4DDB.jpeg

Eve was very needy last night, wanting lots of soft stroking on the side of her face. This morning, twins! Boy and girl. The boy had the afterbirth wrapped around his neck and front legs. Otherwise, he was licked clean. I cut it off with my pocketknife. He went straight to momma for a drink. He was strong enough that I believe despite his wrappings, he had already been up and nursed.

0D822A5C-7110-44BD-A9D9-12A21122A42A.jpeg

At 11:00 this morning Ewenique was in labor. She lambed and it’s a girl!!!! She had a single, first time ever. That’s ok, I got a GIRL! Ewenique very seldom has a girl, usually twin boys, so I'm excited to have a ewe lamb from her.

FCE8A54A-54B1-4D14-8DF3-756366687B6B.jpeg

One more fatty to go, Frimplepants. She may be another month out.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yesterday evening when I fed, one ewe did not rush to eat, she didn't eat at all. Uh-huh, Lucy was fixin' to lamb. I pulled up a handy milk crate to sit on and watched. She had twins and they were up and wobbling around, got their first milk. It was dark by that time, so I went in the house.

This morning I checked on them. Lucy’s twins are both white, boy and a girl. I’m happy with that!

471FA518-2537-4722-88F9-1984683C4DDB.jpeg

Eve was very needy last night, wanting lots of soft stroking on the side of her face. This morning, twins! Boy and girl. The boy had the afterbirth wrapped around his neck and front legs. Otherwise, he was licked clean. I cut it off with my pocketknife. He went straight to momma for a drink. He was strong enough that I believe despite his wrappings, he had already been up and nursed.

0D822A5C-7110-44BD-A9D9-12A21122A42A.jpeg

At 11:00 this morning Ewenique was in labor. She lambed and it’s a girl!!!! She had a single, first time ever. That’s ok, I got a GIRL! Ewenique very seldom has a girl, usually twin boys, so I'm excited to have a ewe lamb from her.

FCE8A54A-54B1-4D14-8DF3-756366687B6B.jpeg

One more fatty to go, Frimplepants. She may be another month out.
Well this just made my day! What sweet babies! I want to hug them :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We do that also, @Phaedra Geiermann - sauces in and over omelets. Last night's dinner was similar to yours. Beef cooked two ways in a tomato sauce over pasta.

Breakfast this morning was too much cream of wheat for me to finish and still have my self-prescribed 3 servings of fruit. I haven't been very good about that, especially during winter months. My appetite doesn't quite allow that much food for breakfast. Three servings of anything and I'm not really interested in something to "go" with that ;).

No problem, I thought. I'll just have a complete fruit 2nd breakfast ;). Lots of apples in the kitchen - microwaved chopped apple with raisins, an orange ... but, what is a serving of raisins? I've often wondered about that.

Okay, it's an ounce (28 g). About a loose 1/4 cup ... sure, that sounds about right. BTW, a Canadian study that I looked at concluded that those sweet dry raisins don't put much of a burden on metabolism with the fructose content. I hope that is true, broadly. No personal reason for concern but since fruit is about 10% fructose generally, I've been curious about its role in diets that restrict sugar.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We do that also, @Phaedra Geiermann - sauces in and over omelets. Last night's dinner was similar to yours. Beef cooked two ways in a tomato sauce over pasta.

it must have been in the air, Mom made some spaghetti sauce and meatballs yesterday and they were very welcome for a change.

Breakfast this morning was too much cream of wheat for me to finish and still have my self-prescribed 3 servings of fruit. I haven't been very good about that, especially during winter months. My appetite doesn't quite allow that much food for breakfast. Three servings of anything and I'm not really interested in something to "go" with that ;).

same here, i just can't eat that much for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. in the winter my calories have to fall back to about 1200 or less per day unless i'm very active.

No problem, I thought. I'll just have a complete fruit 2nd breakfast ;). Lots of apples in the kitchen - microwaved chopped apple with raisins, an orange ... but, what is a serving of raisins? I've often wondered about that.

Okay, it's an ounce (28 g). About a loose 1/4 cup ... sure, that sounds about right. BTW, a Canadian study that I looked at concluded that those sweet dry raisins don't put much of a burden on metabolism with the fructose content. I hope that is true, broadly. No personal reason for concern but since fruit is about 10% fructose generally, I've been curious about its role in diets that restrict sugar.

Steve

at one time we were eating raisin bran cereal and then we looked at the added sugars and switched to just bran flakes. i eventually gave up on eating either of those and switched over to well-cooked oatmeal - sometimes with dried fruits added. by far my favorite dried fruit is the tart cherries. it's like having cherry pie for breakfast. i only use them once a week, but i could easily have them once a day. for some reason peanut butter goes really well with them. i don't have to add any sugar to that at all. my body does much better if i don't add any sugar at all to breakfast. as much as i could live off brown sugar and butter i do need to cut calories any way i can do it this time of the year.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning!

Cooked myself blueberry and banana pancakes this morning. DW peeled a couple of Bosc pears. I think that I may be able to eat a half of one. Surprised that they are ripe. Get thru that tuff skin and they are perfect.

🍵

Steve
Oh hey, check out that "micro" moon :).

Last edited:

Latest posts