Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to had a cup of coffee while I was cooking dinner tonight. I was nodding off in front of the stove.
Also a bit off topic here but does anyone else feel like their have been a lot of car wrecks in their area lately. It has seemed like I was noticing more all year but I’ve seen so many over the last 6 weeks it’s insane. And none of them have been caused by snow or ice. 4 out of the 5 times I’ve left the house in the past two weeks I’ve either seen a wreck happen or come across one within about five minutes of it happening.

I saw a post on a Facebook news story where somebody asked that question if there were more wrecks. I think that wreck was a person unresposive went out of control and caused a wreck. We have had some weird ones where they are saying medical emergencies caused it. One went over several lanes and crashed. Another went down the side of the road and could not be seen for several days and people were looking for her and they said a medical condition caused the wreck.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
"a cup of Joe" :lol: I hadn't thought of that take, and probably the OS didn't think of it either. Keen eye & a sharp mind, @flowerbug ;)

i haven't felt particularly sharp lately, but i'll take it. :) did you have army guys as a kid? i did. plus GI Joe was a common action figure sold at the store and seen in commercials and even comedy skits (if you remember the series Fridays :) ).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had Cheerios and a banana for a first breakfast.

I came along about the time for the Cheerios etc introductions and, likely, for bananas becoming widely available in N America. A day or two ago, breakfast was a chopped up pear in with cold cereal. Peaches are a good choice. It's just habits that go back to childhood ;).

Supermarkets showed up in the 20,000 population city near my childhood home. I can still remember my first experiences in one -- guided in by colorful flags on ropes from a huge parking lot. Automatic door triggered by a switch under a pad at the door. Standing around under fluorescent lights, admiring our clothes and each other's blue complexions :D.

Almost time for a second breakfast - my apple-a-day and, maybe, another banana ... maybe, with peanut butter on toast ;).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-01-24-11-35-03_kindlephoto-53788361.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, just finished my second cup. Getting daylight now, I'm gonna get dressed, go feed animals, get in the truck and go to Groveton house. Propane company coming tomorrow to set tank and run a line. Can't wait to see the bedroom me and the carpenter, Chris worked on last week and he continued this week.

Since I'm moving to a place that is 30 miles to a town in 2 directions and there are no towns in the other 2 directions, I need a car with better gas milage.

I called Carmax Monday and set an appointment to go sell my car to them. They sent me an email invitation to sell my car. The instructions said it was better to use a smart phone. So I tried to open my email on the phone, but didn't remember my password. Had to go back to computer, because it is easier for me, to reset my password. Finally! Got email open on my phone and followed directions. Answered a bunch of questions, then took pictures. I took the pictures they asked for, then hit send. Easy, even for me and I'm no smart phone guru. I'm a smart phone dummy. In 45 minutes, I had an offer. Heck yeah! I'm gonna go get that money! Neighbor Robert followed me to Carmax, where I did the required paperwork and got a check. Down payment for a new car!

That was the easiest car trade/sale I ever participated in. Looking around on car dealers on the internet, I think I'm going to skip all the car lot torture and buy one online. I can do all the application online and they will even deliver it to me. Sign the final papers and done. I sold cars in 2004-2005 and people spent entire days at the car dealership, it was a long drawn out process that nobody liked. If I can buy a new car as easy as it was to sell one, I'm in! I'll get moved, settled in and go car shopping from my recliner.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was the easiest car trade/sale I ever participated in. Looking around on car dealers on the internet, I think I'm going to skip all the car lot torture and buy one online. I can do all the application online and they will even deliver it to me. Sign the final papers and done. I sold cars in 2004-2005 and people spent entire days at the car dealership, it was a long drawn out process that nobody liked. If I can buy a new car as easy as it was to sell one, I'm in! I'll get moved, settled in and go car shopping from my recliner.

good luck! i have to sit in a car and test drive plus check the outside. if i'm paying that much money for something it should be what i expect.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Was supposed to take the last foster kitten to get fixed this morning but I slept through my alarm and then realized I forgot to take up his food and water before bed so I will be calling to reschedule in about an hour when they finally open. Debating between coffee and going back to bed right now.

Latest posts