digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-01-27-07-43-14_kindlephoto-83304351.png
Good Heavens!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having apple and banana with zucchini bread this morning. Lack of planning meant that I started to slice the banana into a bowl before it occurred to me that I should be finishing the apples and having a couple slices of zucchini bread.

So, I chopped up a Golden Delicious apple with the half of banana and baked them together in the microwave. Kinda strange. Kinda a good choice since the banana all but disappeared and the GD tends to nearly do that as well. Applesauce! If I'd mashed it a little, it would make a good topping for the toasted zucchini bread. I often do that with applesauce. It's nearly applesauce season. I mean, I'm seldom eating GD this far from their harvest season and even the keeper apples have long past their prime season. Good Golly! I have respect for the people who handle storage but there's a time when we have to switch to canned .

The Hunger Moon will be here on February 16th. No choice - it's Applesauce Season!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... I mean, I'm seldom eating GD this far from their harvest season and even the keeper apples have long past their prime season. Good Golly! I have respect for the people who handle storage but there's a time when we have to switch to canned .

with apple storage being what it is these days you can think you are buying apples in season and still be getting older apples. last fall when Mom was buying apples they were all so bad and tasteless that i couldn't eat them much at all. it was like eating soggy cardboard. i vastly prefer the tart and more hard apples with crunch or even the Macs. early cider too. once the first pressing is done i avoid cider as it gets too sticky sweet for me. yeah, hard to imagine me saying something is too sweet but there ya go... :)

my breakfast was liquid this morning trying to use up the last of the chocolate frosting that Mom made for something a few months ago. of course with a shot of hot sauce in it even if i could not really taste the hot sauce it still adds some depth to things and even a bit of heat. it gets the sinuses going and wakes me up. garlic too. i was contemplating adding some ginger but passed on that. i don't need to get that complicated this early.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No coffee this morning again. Might have Tea with lunch though. Found an old glass Gatorade bottle on my walk this morning. I picked it up since it was a different shape than the glass soda bottles I’m used to seeing in the woods. I wasn’t expecting Gatorade. Based on my research it’s probably anywhere between 50-25 years old. Not worth much. Probably about $5-10. But it was cool to find!
FBA67AE0-F679-46F8-ADB8-36556ED1683A.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
No coffee this morning again. Might have Tea with lunch though. Found an old glass Gatorade bottle on my walk this morning. I picked it up since it was a different shape than the glass soda bottles I’m used to seeing in the woods. I wasn’t expecting Gatorade. Based on my research it’s probably anywhere between 50-25 years old. Not worth much. Probably about $5-10. But it was cool to find!View attachment 46850

i remember those. :)

Latest posts