Coffee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Y'all ought to try having TEXAS plates and get stopped in another state. Cops always want to search my vehicle for drugs and guns. They always ask, sometimes I SOOOO want to be a smart a$$ and say YES! YES! I have a LOAD of guns and drugs!! But a tiny voice tells me that could be a bad idea......
One of our part time preachers is black. Coming back from Louisiana front visiting his sister with coolers full of shrimp a Mississippi state trooper pulled him over and inspected everything as he just knew he was a mule.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
does anyone else feel like their have been a lot of car wrecks in their area lately
Screenshot_20211209-105153_kindlephoto-403976205.png

That accelerated quickly.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Y'all ought to try having TEXAS plates and get stopped in another state. Cops always want to search my vehicle for drugs and guns. They always ask, sometimes I SOOOO want to be a smart a$$ and say YES! YES! I have a LOAD of guns and drugs!! But a tiny voice tells me that could be a bad idea......

unless you really feel like you need a cavity search...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had oatmeal with cream cheese and a little almond milk. Mush/Mush :).

Last night was very long time in bed for me. I was so sleepy yesterday evening but then had trouble drifting off once I was horizontal. The mind/body took care of that after I did drift off. Characteristic for me is about 6 hours horizontal and sometimes, an hour of two less. Reading that not enough sleep is a health problem, I didn't know how to sleep longer until I decided to go to bed earlier. This has worked usually over the winter - I'm still out of bed at a normal hour (except this morning, getting up at 5 ;)) but falling asleep in bed is easy. I'm not sure how a very early sack-time will work during our long summer days. It might be okay. I can sleep during daylight ;). BTW, I know that it's Sunday and working people need their sleep. Us olde retired guys barely have any idea what day of the week it is :D.

Speaking of morning rest ..! Something that I like about my common herbal tea of lemon verbena and licorice is not only that my lemon verbena plant is very productive, the leaves are easily frozen, and it's a favorite. Also, the leaves and licorice flavor improve over the time that it takes me to drink 2 cups. No, I don't need to "refresh" the leaves & roots - just add more boiling water. It just tastes better and better, to the last drop.

English muffin or bagel choice for my second breakfast, coming up shortly. Lots of bananas and oranges in the house with appreciation for tropical/subtropical harvest and transportation.

:) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blueberry Bagel with cream cheese and an orange for my 2nd breakfast. Herb tea.

Yesterday, the 2nd breakfast was leftover chili on toast. Not my usual but it needed finishing and I knew that fried fish was coming up for lunch. Not quite chili over an omelet, which is sometimes lunch around here.

Finishing that Nally's, or whatever it was, I had to think that my homemade chili doesn't measure up. And, that's just saaaadd! What's the deal, I can't make better chili than what comes out of a can? Our bean dishes are mostly as soup and that's sure better than what comes out of a can. I need to take some of those suggestions in the bean recipe thread and make something better!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got back Saturday night at 8:30. We stopped in Elkhart at the livestock auction barn. The owner put in a real nice restaurant open 7 days a week. For the crossroads town of Elkhart and surrounding area, it is a destination place. LOL We were hungry and the food was good.

Sunday I was wasted, fit for not much beyond sitting in my recliner. Son showed up with his cousins tilt trailer that didn’t tilt real good, but with a little tractor persuasion, it tilted. He got 8’X16’ building strapped down and took it to Groveton. I’ll have to block it up this weekend.

Sunday evening the buyers brought their cargo trailer and will be back Friday to load the rest of the furniture in the house and Saturday we’ll go to Groveton and unload.

58734A88-9EDD-497D-81B0-E0C1E2B7994C.jpeg

216AA1D2-3A9E-401B-A48C-7EFEC605738E.jpeg

9395B3D1-69D7-4998-BD5D-A84880E9F123.jpeg

Latest posts