Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This has to be one of the strangest music videos I’ve seen in my life.

they are a very interesting music group, very creative with a website devoted to telling the story of the characters and the different versions of the band as it has gone through time. the two main singers have been the twin siblings David and Isabella and then others have come and gone. i've not been into the backstory or fandom stuff much because i'm rarely digging into the personal lives of artists - like i didn't know until just a moment ago that they were twins. Isabella used to be a guy. i'll leave it at that. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m not really a fan of it either. Like you said there’s just something about the taste and texture that I just don’t like. I will say that there is a big difference between good and okay angel food cake. The okay stuff tends to have an odd sour almost chemical taste to it. I’ve gotten to point I won’t even eat it if it’s that kind. Angel food cake is one of mom’s favorites so I’ve been subjected to a variety of different boxes, recipes and store bought versions of the cake.

i love pound cake. i can take pass on angel food cake.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
With @flowerbug 's appreciation for hot cocoa, he is probably at the Devil's Food Cake end of the spectrum.

:) Finished my bowl of oatmeal and blueberries with a banana. Trying to feel tropical ... Blueberries from Peru! Banana from ? Blueberry box says "the berry that cares." What does that mean? Likely makes more sense in Spanish. But cares? It's blue! Okay, Peru isn't necessarily tropical. Thinking about bad weather in the tropics ...

Steve ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
dark side - far side.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
With @flowerbug 's appreciation for hot cocoa, he is probably at the Devil's Food Cake end of the spectrum.

fudge brownies, chocolate cherry cookies, but in most cases what i like the best is just a good chunk of chocolate.

:) Finished my bowl of oatmeal and blueberries with a banana. Trying to feel tropical ... Blueberries from Peru! Banana from ? Blueberry box says "the berry that cares." What does that mean? Likely makes more sense in Spanish. But cares? It's blue! Okay, Peru isn't necessarily tropical. Thinking about bad weather in the tropics ...

Steve ;)

i haven't checked the most recent package to see where they are from. never underestimate a marketing campaign for being able to come up with slogans that might mean something: "We're a saying, just sayin'..."

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i would eat it if someone else made it, but overall it doesn't appeal to me. it looks a bit too much like an angel food cake which i'm not a big fan of. quiche i can eat, that's more dense. mousses are ok too and i even like meringues and cookies, but there is something about angel food cake that doesn't work for me. it is rare that i don't like foods of any kind so i'll have to think about this next time i have angel food cake and see if i can come up with why. it may just be the texture hits something wrong for me. which is also odd since i don't really usually worry too much about textures.

instead i do prefer a cheesecake or a cream cheese pound cake muffin. i like cakes to be a bit more on the dense side of things than fluffy. also the cream cheese pound cake muffins have a bit of lemon and almond extract in them and a crust on top that i really like. :) i think it is the crust i like the most. :)
Don't worry just give me your slice :drool

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a full day in Lufkin. I went to the feed store, TSC, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Walmart, aired up a front tire, mailed a bill at the post office and finally home. Put away groceries then had to make room on portable building for feed and dog food. Chris, the guy that spent a month working on the house, came over, met dogs and sheep, fed dogs and sheep, and the dogs LIKED him! Now I can go help DD tear off roof and reroof their little guest house on spring break. Then I’m bringing the girls home with me. I have a couple other “go” things I want to do and now I know animals will be cared for. He’s coming over again and feed while I stay out of sight. Yay!