Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hate painting and the prep work that goes with it. Our interior is so hard to paint with the tall ceilings. It also makes such a mess moving things out and crowding them into another room or space.

Mary
Hallelujah. I'm not alone after all . :hugs

I ripped out half of the load of things that got pushed Into my cupboard during getting a room plastered.
The mess is daunting :barnie:th

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Been in the kitchen, turkey is cooked, dressing, gravy, and hash brown potato casserole. Take it with me in the morning and heat it up. Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.

Got my feet up, sipping a cup of hot oolong tea sweetened with honey from @Carol Dee and her husband’s bees. I taste the light fragrance of wild spring flowers in every sip. Best honey ever! Thanks Carol!
:hugs:love❤️

❤️ @CarolDee :hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Morning ... sitting here looking at kitchenware ads for Black Friday. And, reflecting on what I posted on @Marie2020 's thread about Appalachian life - wood cookstoves.

What is the difference between an instant pot and a slow cooker - other than that instant/slow? What about an instant pot and a slow cooker / pressure cooker combination?

DW has been very slooow to appreciate the combination appliance that we have. Mostly, she doesn't like that is so large. Pressure cooking is mostly a mystery to me. I have liked using the slow cookers. DW has me carry the combo out on the deck and set it up for this or that (like it for cooking broth). No need to hurry ... if there is, there is the microwave - which I honestly wish had better use considering the space it occupies and 30 years of practice ;). Now, there is an instant pot ...

Steve
Smiling here :)

I have a pot i put on the stove, it's a pressure cooker, it's not electrical. I made my friend a Christmas pudding in it last Christmas, he loved it. . As for my slow cooker, I just love it, it makes meat tender with a delicious stock for gravy soups or spiced curries.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving! This year DD cooked and it was at her house. Usually my brother cooks the turkey and everybody comes here but she wanted to do it and she used some of my mother's china and dishes. I made a sweet potato casserole and a rice/broccoli/cheese dish. She got the turkey thawed and cooked on time. It was kind of crazy at first with my brother saying she did not take it out soon enough but not dried out like his usually is LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. She made gravy from scratch and she made cranberry sauce from scratch. I was so busy this morning with everything and trying to drink my coffee which again I forgot my second cup but I also forgot to feed the rabbits. :hide. In all the years I have had them that has never happened, but they got to eat a little late and got over their shock. We usually do not eat this early, so I am getting hungry and I am very sleepy. DS is eating pie and snacking and DB will be over later for leftovers. Nice 41 degrees today. I hope all had a wonderful day.

Grandmas Garden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good Morning ... sitting here looking at kitchenware ads for Black Friday. And, reflecting on what I posted on @Marie2020 's thread about Appalachian life - wood cookstoves.

What is the difference between an instant pot and a slow cooker - other than that instant/slow? What about an instant pot and a slow cooker / pressure cooker combination?

DW has been very slooow to appreciate the combination appliance that we have. Mostly, she doesn't like that is so large. Pressure cooking is mostly a mystery to me. I have liked using the slow cookers. DW has me carry the combo out on the deck and set it up for this or that (like it for cooking broth). No need to hurry ... if there is, there is the microwave - which I honestly wish had better use considering the space it occupies and 30 years of practice ;). Now, there is an instant pot ...

Steve
I my opinion an insta-pot is an electric pressure cooker-- My girls bought me one and I only used it to make bone broth-- I gave it to my daughter in-law who uses hers all of the time-- i have a stove top pressure cooker I like,

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I my opinion an insta-pot is an electric pressure cooker-- My girls bought me one and I only used it to make bone broth-- I gave it to my daughter in-law who uses hers all of the time-- i have a stove top pressure cooker I like,
I have an instant pot and I love it. I grew up cooking with stove top pressure cookers.
The instant pot has setting for slow cooking as well. Also for sautéing vegetables,and many other. All but the saute requires the lid to be closed. Once the lid is closed pressure builds up and you can't open the lid until you let the pressure release on its own (may take up to 30 minutes) or you release it manually.
Instant pot makes cooking hands free (like slow cooker) but it cooks it faster. For example I can cook dry Pinto beans from start to finish in 2 hours.
The instant pot takes about 15 to 20 minutes to build up pressure (depends on how full it is) + cooking time +pressure release time.

Most people don't think that it saves any time but I enjoy the hands free approach to cooking and that it doesn't take up a stove top range space which I can use to make other things.

I hope this helps. I love mine!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I told DW that I'd come across a combination microwave/airfryer.

Her eyebrows shot up! I may be in trouble.

Recently, she couldn't turn on the new smart teevee, by remote or with the button. After checking the wire, I unplugged it, waited 20 seconds and plugged it back in. It started by itself. After that, I pointed out to DW that she insisted that we get rid of the dumb teevee even tho it was working when the other arrived.

:hide Steve

Latest posts