Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not quite related but hot chocolate with hot pepper is old school, @ducks4you tells me. Same part of the world :). I like it! Wonder how easy it is on the stomach.

chocolate never bothers me and the same with hot pepper anything. at least it doesn't bother my stomach.

i found out this past week that i have a lot more tolerance to Hatch Green Chili now so that was some good eating along with the roasted turkey and dressing and other side dishes. i even was gifted with a small amount of green chili to bring home (it's gone already).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was looking at the ground coffee today and they have Italian but only strength 4.

I don't have a machine would a filter do I a jug? What do you think guys and girls :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the ground coffee today and they have Italian but only strength 4.

I don't have a machine would a filter do I a jug? What do you think guys and girls :)
We make our coffee without a machine. We have a plastic filter holder that you put over the cup. So put plastic holder over cup, put filter inside plastic filter holder, add coffee grounds and then pour boiling water into it. It's perfect for us since we only drink one cup of coffee each. If I make it first my husband then adds more coffee to it for his pour. If he makes his first it's already strong enough for my cup. So it's nice that we reuse the filter and grounds once.

Mary

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My second coffee today, doing some copywriting works now.
But, but, but, the cookie is too sweeeeeeet :eek:
630.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that I may be willing to shelf my little electric coffee machine in favor of a French press. It can go beside the similar one that uses a paper filter and the larger one for when we have coffee-drinker company ;).

DW was told to refrain from fruit juices because of the sugar they contain.

Unfortunately, she is a juice-drinker and just bought 3 half-gallons of her favorites. Nowww, I will learn how well I can deal with that much juice ... not that much of a fan !

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think that I may be willing to shelf my little electric coffee machine in favor of a French press. It can go beside the similar one that uses a paper filter and the larger one for when we have coffee-drinker company ;).

Unfortunately, she is a juice-drinker and just bought 3 half-gallons of her favorites.
Juice contains a lot of sugar, no matter for the customer demand (my husband won't drink any juice which is not sweet enough, according to his German standard) or for longer preservation. I bought the juices (mostly different apple varieties) from the local farms but still needed to dilute them with a lot of water.

Also, it's so easy to drink a lot of juice compared with having fruits directly. When I bought oranges, they usually sit and remain untouched forever. But if I made them into orange juice, I might even have no chance to drink it - always disappear automatically. :lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
If you watch Newsmax you get to see the tv commerical for:
It is a Stitch!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. Yesterday I learned how to back the truck up to the stock trailer and be 2-3 inches away from the hitch. Then I learned how to pull forward, turn wheels in wrong direction, correct direction and wind up with trailer ball 2-3” on the other side of the trailer hitch. Over and over and over. I must have got out of the truck a thousand times to see if I got it right. It took 45 minutes before I finally got the ball under the hitch and could hitch it up. The consensus is in: I suck at this.

Then I learned how to back the trailer up to the loading chute. Again turning steering wheel in wrong direction, jackknife the trailer, pull forward and do it again. It only took me 15 minutes, showing improvement but I still suck at this.

Then I loaded 4 unwilling sheep. THAT I’m a pro at. As usual, they beat up my knees. Ouch. Had to scrapie ear tag a couple, practiced my sit on sheep left arm head hold maneuver. Got them loaded and pulled truck around, headed out. Taking them to auction this morning. Ought to be real interesting when I have to back up to their loading chute. Y’all wish me luck! Going for another cup of coffee.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Unfortunately, she is a juice-drinker and just bought 3 half-gallons of her favorites. Nowww, I will learn how well I can deal with that much juice ... not that much of a fan !

Steve

thin them down and heat them up for a hot drink in the winter. use in cooking in small amounts or larger amounts. sauces and marinades... i've largely gotten away from drinking them myself and make my own once in a while with much less sugar when i do feel the craving (mostly for limeaide).

this morning it is juice of the cocoa bean i'll be enjoying with some toast.

Latest posts