Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Having my cup of coffee. I have the fire going and the cats taken care of and DS out the door on his way to work and I just checked the weather and it is 15. I am tired from going shopping with DD yesterday. I help her with the groceries and kids. She said she was on the way to pick me up yesterday and I hurried and got ready and ate my lunch really fast and she did not show up and I asked where are you and she was still in town at Wendy's and texted LOL forgot my bank card and driver's license and she had to go back home, so I waited longer and then she texted me LOL can't find my driver's license. She finally got here and we went to Grocery Outlet and I entertained the kids in the car and then we all went in Costco and then off to Walmart and she was going to drop by her house and get the girls their water bottles before taking me home, so she goes in and comes back with the water bottles and starts looking for the keys. I said you just had the keys and unlocked the door so the are not in the car. I said did you lock the keys in the house and of course she did, so she calls her husband who works around the corner from where they live and here he comes running and ran past us, up the steps and unlocked the door, and then ran by and gave her a kiss and said he was in the middle of a business phone call and ran on down the street back to work and I was laughing. She finally got me delivered home. DD has PREGNANCY BRAIN LOL. She is 13 weeks now and due in early Aug. Evelyn says the baby is a girl and I say boy because DD looks and acts different than she did with the girls, but either way will be fun.

DD wants a garden again, but I remember when she was pregnant with Evelyn and due in August and I bought her a bunch of annual flowers for her flower bed and she could not get down on the ground to plant and I ended up planting all of them. I helped her last year start her garden. We went and got compost and we had to park the car on the street and her yard from the street is UPHILL so we had 2 wheelbarrows and I would put dirt in one while she took the other up the hill and then to the backyard in the boxes and between filling wheelbarrows and herding kids back into the yard and away from the street I had my exercise and no way she will be able to do all that this year. I am hoping her husband will do that for her.

I keep looking out at my garden and I want to do something but ice is still in the backyard and the whole garden. Some ground is showing up around the house and I can walk some places without ice, so I have done nothing but gain about 5 pounds this winter and I am going to have a BUSY summer with helping DD with the girls and then a baby and gardening. I have an Etsy shop and sell a few things. I actually have got a star seller badge and I have Pinterest and I have had that for years and I have lots of boards and gardening things, but I started one for exercise lol. I have walking exercise and Zumba videos for seniors, so I am still typing and sitting here drinking my coffee thinking I need to start one of these exercise tapes and get some sewing done, but exhausted from yesterday and the house is still cold, so going to go get another cup of coffee. LOL
I remember pregnancy brain only too well.

My friends arranged to take me out for a meal as it was my birthday. I got bathed washed my hair and dressed up in my prettiest smock all ready for my special evening. There was about an hour before I got picked up, so I sat I my comfy chair and without knowing I fell asleep. I woke up with a start of my friends trying too break my door down. They were knocking and calling for ages and there I was fast asleep 😴💤

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember pregnancy brain only too well.

My friends arranged to take me out for a meal as it was my birthday. I got bathed washed my hair and dressed up in my prettiest smock all ready for my special evening. There was about an hour before I got picked up, so I sat I my comfy chair and without knowing I fell asleep. I woke up with a start of my friends trying too break my door down. They were knocking and calling for ages and there I was fast asleep 😴💤
Great friends.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Having pancakes with that pear butter I made in 2021. Using the microwave is absolutely not worth trying again. Resorting to Pectin wasn't an answer however. This stuff has all the flavor and, of course, sweetness of pear butter. It's just fine on pancakes but would be a drippy mess in a sandwich.

Of course, I wanted to avoid all the standing at the stove to make a real pear/apple butter. That final 10 minutes when it begins to splatter but you just cannot stop with the stirring ... no avoiding that.

These days (months/years/appropriate season) I really want to gear up on the apple and pear butter making. They have always been favorites and I was disappointed not to have the time to be making them during the appropriate seasons.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my what a whirlwind. be safe and take care of yourself
We just finished loading the trailer. We were in no hurry. They brought a friend to help and a neighbor came over to help. We visited and had a good time while we loaded up. In the morning we’ll load my bed and the freezer and go to Groveton and unload. Even with the ice, snow and cold, it’s been a nice day.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, it’s definitely a coffee morning. I spent yesterday cleaning the knife and silverware doors and everything in them because mom found a mouse in the drawers. None of my parents three cats would go after it. I told mom she just needed to turn the foster kitten loose since he was a semi feral. (The drive is there at least he’s always killing those ladybugs that get in the house). My cat might be worse than useless at hunting.
Well I woke up at shortly before 5am to the heat and air unit making a terrible noise and I thought the thing had finally blown a gasket or something (it was piece of crap that came with the trailer 8 years ago and I think it’s been serviced once.) We finally get the cover off and low and behold there’s the mouse! He was caught in the drum! I’m just relieved their wasn’t something wrong with the actual machine and I’m even more glad we found the mouse before he really started to stink :sick

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! The sun is up and bright. There is only a few patches of wintery sleet and snow left on the ground. I hope for us, that is the winter storm and that there won't be another one. I have too much to do.
Yesterday was a nice day. We took two trucks and the cargo trailer to Groveton. We unloaded, there are stacks of boxes for me to go through. Some I labeled Do Not Unpack, others will be gone through and sorted into unpack and put back in a box. LOL

I really like this couple buying the farm, they are wonderful people and I'm sure once they get moved and settled, they will be planting a garden. I'm leaving a few envelopes of seed for them to get started. I am delighted to turn the farm over to them, they have lots of plans for it.

It is looking like we will be closing this week. There isn't much left in the house, but A lot of little stuff. I have to build pens for the sheep and dogs before I can move them. I gave them two ewes, but I'll be taking them with me since they won't move in immediately and there will be no guard dog. They have an adorable guard puppy, and some yard dogs, once they move in and are here, that will be sufficient to protect their sheep.
Still a lot to do before I'm cleared out of here, the big push will be to finish getting out of the house, can't be totally gone until I move sheep and dogs. A BYH member and her husband are coming from California to take care of some Texas rental properties they have and a ranch they bought a little further north of here. Then they are going to help me build shelter and fence for the animals. Another BYH couple that lives maybe 40 miles away wants to come and help too. We'll make it a party!

Then I may give her husband the TV remote and abdicate my recliner throne so I can strap her to the kitchen to help me unpack boxes. LOL LOL We are going to finish running the trim around the bottom of the walls and a couple of doors. Plenty to do!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meanwhile, while Bay's away, the sheep venture out for entertainment:

zsheep.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really like this couple buying the farm, they are wonderful people and I'm sure once they get moved and settled, they will be planting a garden. I'm leaving a few envelopes of seed for them to get started. I am delighted to turn the farm over to them, they have lots of plans for it.

leave them some Purple Dove beans and point them to TEG. :) i'm still curious how they will do there (plus always willing to try to get more people to grow beans :) ).

i've had breakfast but not really awake yet. i ate too much chocolate last night and didn't really sleep well. no coffee for me. once i feel like this the best thing i can do is take a nap and pretend i haven't woken up yet. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning :).

To the breakfast table late. Electric kettle went kaput! Looking at it ... can't even see internal wiring and switches. Everything encased in molded plastic!

Had an Opal apple and malt-o-meal with pear butter. Perfect :). I don't think that I ever tried that before ...

Looks like the college kids nextdoor were up late for the weekend.

Steve

Latest posts