Coffee

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve got chicks hatching under a broody tomorrow. So I’ve been cleaning the coop and placing traps to try to catch the rats in the coop so they are no longer a threat. I may have pulled something placing a trap in the rafters. I’m excited to see what colors I get as these hatching eggs came from a friend with a couple of different colors and patterns.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pulled something as in hurt yourself, @Artichoke Lover ?

Or, pulled "off" something as a clever way of catching that rat?

🐀
Unfortunately pulled a muscle. I’m starting to think the rat is a bit more clever than me. It’s missing fur from glue traps. A tail from the snap trap and it chewed through the side of a bucket trap:he

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got back this afternoon from Galveston. Had a good time. Wedding was on the beach, brunch reception was on ground level of a 3 story high beach house. Bottom level is open, so hurricane storm surge can flow through. Had a nice ocean breeze. Kitchen was 3 floors up. I limped up and down a few times, then was assigned to organizing things on ground level. Whew! My knee was hurting from my fall.

We left there at 1:00, back to Air B&B, changed to swimsuits and went to the beach. Friend’s 20 year old daughter is autistic and refused to get close to the water. I took her hand, telling her I had her, I wouldn’t let anything happen to her and let’s just get our toes wet. She clenched my hand, threw out her other arm for balance like a toddler learning to walk and wobbled out ankle deep. The waves coming in and going out were frightening to her.

Her favorite tv show is reruns of Baywatch. She was so excited to see a lifeguard tower and chattered about lifeguards. So I took her to meet a real live lifeguard. I explained that she was autistic, watched Baywatch and was thrilled to meet him. The young man spoke to her and made her day. Back to the water!

Now she wasn’t so scared because the lifeguard was watching. She started doing her “Baywatch dive” jumping into waves and her “Baywatch run” from the beach into the water, grabbing my hand, nearly knocking me down. Over and over and over!

She came out of the water, ran to the lifeguard tower, pointing at the water. I followed. She claimed there was a snake in the water. I told her to go tell her mom about the snake. This was a different lifeguard so I explained about her autism and fixation on reruns of Baywatch. Then I went to coax her back to the water. A few minutes later that same lifeguard came up holding a plastic grocery bag, looked like it had some sand in it.

With a big smile he announced, “I want to shake your hand! Thanks for telling me about that snake. I got him now and it’s safe for you to go back in the water!” What a wonderful example on human compassion! He and I exchanged smiles and he took the “snake” away. She went back to the waves, having the time of her life.

I guess you can tell, playing with an autistic young lady and helping her overcome her fears was the high point of my weekend. She didn’t want to leave the beach.
What a wonderful human beings you and that lifeguard are. Reading this is so heart warming 💓

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
From @Marie2020 's warm, heartfelt comment ...

I had a routine checkup at the doctor's office this week. The nurse said "very good" after she checked my blood pressure. I always remember the "diastolic" because of die-a-stolic - what the other was went over my head but the diastolic was 62.

So ... my 4 daily cups of herbal tea with licorice root must not be pushing any limits.

;) Steve
has the lawn mowed and finishing the last cup right now :)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have babies today!
95110D37-1E48-4C94-A089-2CEB43C84D03.jpeg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
From @Marie2020 's warm, heartfelt comment ...

I had a routine checkup at the doctor's office this week. The nurse said "very good" after she checked my blood pressure. I always remember the "diastolic" because of die-a-stolic - what the other was went over my head but the diastolic was 62.

So ... my 4 daily cups of herbal tea with licorice root must not be pushing any limits.

;) Steve
has the lawn mowed and finishing the last cup right now :)
To be perfectly honest I had to look that up Steve. So your blood pressure was looking good ;) . Good man :)👍
Radishes are pretty good too, I had a few before bed a few nights ago and slept really well

I've been using this licorice root on my dog because he's had a cough along with a few other little potions I throw together. Finally I resorted too using iodine this morning and I think that's helping a lot.

Back to the licorice root I'll have to get a fresh batch of this. Thanks so much for your input 😊

Latest posts