Coffee

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH successfully applied home office on Fridays. So, I am responsible to serve some coffee and tea for both of us. :love
1669360115170.png

Breakfast tea :D
805.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve had 3 cups of coffee, all gone now. It’s another drizzling day. I’m so happy that it’s nasty weather. I’m over Cousin Covid, he’s gone home to bother somebody else. But staying in a couple more days. Going to be sunny on Sunday and Monday then more days of rain. I think I’ll cut boards Sunday, so I can paint and finish up on utility room shelves. I still have glass ware on the table.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the hurricane that is my sister left this morning so she can get to the airport and then back home. i crawled back under the covers to get warm again and to perhaps pick up a few more winks of sleep. not too much luck with that but at least i am now warm again.

sun is out, windy and cool but we'll be able to get outside this afternoon and i'm hoping i can get another garden put up.

what i would like to do is have lunch and take the afternoon off completely but that won't happen today or tomorrow. weather is too nice gotta get things done while i can as it does make spring easier to have the gardens mostly ready for planting other than whatever light weeding and reshaping i want to do.

if the ground were not frozen and muddy and slippery i could promise i would have these last two gardens inside the fence done today and tomorrow but as it is going i'm not promising anything until i see it done.

i about died laughing Wednesday from what Mom was saying but i can't repeat them here. you have to imagine what an elderly lady with no editors in place saying exactly what she was thinking as she was sitting in the mud. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve spent this past week doing absolutely nothing. I haven’t even folded the load of clothes that’s on the bed. Much more efficient to simply pluck clothing off the bed and get dressed. Not even properly dressed, sweat pants and big baggy shirt. It’s been nice, but I think I’m done. Tomorrow is a sunny day, a guy is coming to cut up a huge downed oak tree for firewood to sell. Great! He can HAVE the wood! I’ll happily clean up the leftover mess later. So i return to the land of somewhat normal tomorrow, but not today!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve spent this past week doing absolutely nothing. I haven’t even folded the load of clothes that’s on the bed. Much more efficient to simply pluck clothing off the bed and get dressed. Not even properly dressed, sweat pants and big baggy shirt. It’s been nice, but I think I’m done. Tomorrow is a sunny day, a guy is coming to cut up a huge downed oak tree for firewood to sell. Great! He can HAVE the wood! I’ll happily clean up the leftover mess later. So i return to the land of somewhat normal tomorrow, but not today!

sometimes quietly taking stock is what is needed. considering what you've been through and healing up some time off for resting up and pondering is certainly ok. not that you need my permission or anything. haha! but you have it! :) :) :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD was here this morning, dropping off Garbanzo the Dog. She seems okay.

A week ago, DD was still sick after being very sick a few days earlier. It was a half day of work for her starting out last week and for someone with two Screens who sits at a desk at home, it was a good enuf start after COVID.

She and her partner, fully vaccinated and boosted, he didn't develop symptoms.

Steve

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Took coffee Black Friday shopping. Eldest DD got to come with youngest DD and me this year. She drove. We took my truck bc they wanted a live tree.
Usual Thanksgiving ritual, get a newsprint newspaper for the ads, circle what we want with a Sharpie, and plan our attack.
DD set my phone for 5AM, I didn't get to their house until 6AM, and They weren't ready, so we finally left at 6:30 after some leftover stuffing and coffee. I had made a large and a small one for Thanksgiving breakfast and snacking for the chef, and there were leftovers.
Don't know how the brick and morters get to end yesterday in the black. There were no real crowds, except at Olive Garden, where we had a 25 minute wait.
Display fake tree with changing LED's was the only one left (Michael's), DD ordered online with her phone, and it was delivered yesterday morning. Shipped from Texas. We were blown over. :eek:
We had planned to shoot some stuff for the annual family Christmas video today. DD's cancelled. I was glad bc I am wiped out.

Latest posts