Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should REALLY break down this morning and make some oatmeal, although it is always laced with butter and sugar.
@Gardening with Rabbits , I loose stuff like that from my jean pocketrs IN THE GARDEN all of the time. Nice knife cutter for baling twine got lost this summer. I had a backup, but I had this great System, yellow metal upstairs int he loft, red metal stored on the 2 x 4 ledge tucked right inside of the grain room.
When I take my phone out to the barn I put it in a grain can inside, right on top of the feed, so it won't get lost AND broken. :hugs
I do not have a cell phone, but one of these days I might get one and I can just see me losing it. DD is unreal with her phone. I have to call it for her all the time to make it ring so she can find it. LOL

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits and @ducks4you what y’all need is overalls!! I have 2 pair and I love them. Pockets everywhere and the best part is a snap pocket and a zipper pocket on the bib front. Can’t lose the phone! Only bad thing, they are still “nice” so I wear them to town. Yeah, I really know how to go styling! I can’t bring myself to mess them up so I’ll wear them on the farm!
You know, I DO NEED OVERALLS! I used to wear them when younger.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Men's clothing.

If a shirt doesn't have a pocket, I don't want it. Two pockets means I'm more interested in buying it ;). And, I have an insulated flannel shirt with FOUR pockets.

I'm disappointed that sweatpants don't have more than 2 pockets and would never consider leaving the yard in them.

I have a vest with 2 pockets outside and 2 inside. One jacket has 3 pockets, another one - 6! My heaviest jacket has only 2 but I'm very much inclined to wear a vest or flannel shirt with it ;).

Working in the garden, I often have a standard practice of using the little watch pocket in my jeans. It just depends on what tools I have a need to carry.

Steve
Hear Hear! I join you in this whole heartedly. It's getting so frustrating to go out trying to buy some simple button down shirts and finding that the designers seem to have developed a hate relationship with pockets. Where the hell am I supposed to keep my cellphone then! My pants pockets are already occupied with my wallet and keys! And I usually don't WEAR a belt!

Speaking of pants, if overalls seem to heavy/constricting, you can always look into some cargo pants/shorts. I find those have plenty of pockets for my needs.

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hear Hear! I join you in this who heartedly. It's getting so frustrating to go out trying to buy some simple button down shirts and finding that the designers seem to have developed a hate relationship with pockets. Where the hell am I supposed to keep my cellphone then! My pants pockets are already occupied with my wallet and keys! And I usually don't WEAR a belt!

Speaking of pants, if overalls seem to heavy/constricting, you can always look into some cargo pants/shorts. I find those have plenty of pockets for my needs.
Women's pants typically stink in the pocket department! However, I did find amazing cargo pants for women that have great side pockets on both legs in addition to the typical pockets. My fairly large cell phone fits perfectly in the leg pockets! The brand is Prana and I had to buy them online. I love them though! They actually fit well and look nice too! This was a couple years back, so they may not sell that style anymore.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, I DO NEED OVERALLS! I used to wear them when younger.
Yes you do!

I have 1 end table in the living room that I set my phone on and the nightstand by the bed. Nowhere else. Or it’s in my pocket. Since I’m here by myself and doing all sorts of things outside, it is ALWAYS in my pocket. My son, concerned, since he knows his momma so well, suggested one of those do-hickeys to hang around my neck. I told him my cell phone is always in my pocket and that pacified him.

Getting off the medicine has worked and no problems. Feeling better and better. DS brought home a tree and we got it decorated. Drinking my coffee this morning.
I’d be willing to bet that medicine had side effects that were making you feel bad.

Coffee is ready and I’m itching to get outside and greet the day! Got to find a new feed store. The one I went to for years before moving to Lindale, is always out of the feed I need for the sheep. Several times they have substituted a different feed than what I asked for, with high copper content. Sheep don’t do well on copper. It accumulates in their liver and eventually they die. Hair sheep can tolerate a little copper, but not high amounts. So, I’m done.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Snowing and I would like it to stop. Can you make a phone call about that for me?

Finished my second breakfast and I would like to make one pass with the snowblower, at most, for this morning. Willing to come back again in the afternoon - if need be.

Breakfast (2nd) was toasted zucchini bread and an orange with my herbal tea. Clothes in the dryer, I can't doze off. Beginning to think that bringing the roof rake out to pull some of this snow off the roof is gonna be necessary ...

fidgity digitS'

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Snowing and I would like it to stop. Can you make a phone call about that for me?

Finished my second breakfast and I would like to make one pass with the snowblower, at most, for this morning. Willing to come back again in the afternoon - if need be.

Breakfast (2nd) was toasted zucchini bread and an orange with my herbal tea. Clothes in the dryer, I can't doze off. Beginning to think that bringing the roof rake out to pull some of this snow off the roof is gonna be necessary ...

fidgity digitS'
The zucchini bread sounds good! Is it homemade?

Latest posts