Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry for derailing your train of thought, @flowerbug . I had made a post, not realizing there was another page - where someone had already answered. Couldn't figure how to actually make my post "go away", the software wouldn't let me write over with a blank page.

my train is more like snowdrifts blowing tonight. not sure where they might end up... :) no problem at all.

you should, however be able to delete your own posts for a certain amount of time after they were made. or request it being deleted by reporting the post on yourself. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning!

Woke up before 3, @baymule ... 4AM would be more common for me but I had some sort of imperative for waking because of a dream. There was no more sleeping possible.

habit from childhood was no matter where i went i always noted good hiding spots and ways out.
This relates to the dream, although I don't remember any behavior like this. I was a young person in the dream but not really a child.

Bro and I were in sleeping bags on the floor in someone's home. He gets up. A few people come in. They seem familiar and they appear to be busy doing things to prepare for the day. More people arrive; I'm still on the floor. Cousins, maybe - I'm in the way but they have definitely invaded my space, horizontal as it was! I look at Bro; he is of no help. He's up and out of the way. Muttering to myself, "ok, ok I'm up. I'll get my clothes and sleeping bag and get outta here!"

I was surprised to waken in a bed, in a quiet dark bedroom ... decades older. Privacy. No falling asleep again.

I was reading that people generally are comfortable interacting with family for a little less than 4 hours, then they need a break. I'd say, it depends on the circumstances.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A peaceful morning with coffee, homemade cookies, and chatting.
1382.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

Sitting here, eating a roll and cranberry sauce from last night's dinner (our Christmas get-together this year). And watching, Life in Bloom with J Schwanke .

How's that for a German Name, @Phaedra ? Schwanke :), looks like the original ancestor with that name couldn't decide what the family should call themselves ...

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Actually got to sleep until 7 this morning had coffee cake and sausage balls with a cup of decaf while opening presents. Also made cinnamon rolls and had those for lunch. Currently feeling sick from all the sugar but am about to go carry dinner to my grandparents that are sick.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
my hands chapping from the cold dry air. They went from normal to red and cracking in less than an hour.
I have 4 "splits" in fingers and thumbs ... not counting the 2 that are fairly-well healed.

Wearing a mask outdoors has kept my lips from doing the same thing but, I guess, we would need gloves indoors & out.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wasn't until I went to Cornell (up by the Finger Lakes) that I found out what a scarf/muffler is REALLY for. It isn't for keeping your neck warm (the collar of your coat and overshirt should be more than capable of doing that. Its' for tying 'round the bottom of your face when the wind makes the air so cold it's freezing INSIDE your mouth, so you can actually BREATHE.

And people wonder why I can go out I the dead of winter down here with my coat unzipped. After five years there, NOTHING down here where I am can phase me*.

Though I have to admit, due to sticking out of the rest of the house so much, and the radiators being programmed to turn off after a certain time (so we aren't wasting power heating the bottom of the house where no one is down there) There HAVE been nights where I have had to put on my coat hat and gloves INSIDE for my late night vigils (usually when it is actually snowing outside).

Latest posts