Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think what I dread most is my wife's cold feet. There I am in bed all warm and toasty when suddenly YAAAHHH!
DW would do that to me too, after some middle-of-the-night puttering, I'd wake up, turn to find her grinning at me... and pull her cold hands to my beLLY! Yikes!!! But what I wouldn't give to feel that sweet loving wake-up again. Treasure those moments, @Dirtmechanic . :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two nights ago, I put the hot water bottle at the foot of my bed, hours before I climbed under the covers. The water bottle was taken out first.

Nice & comfortable and those earlier moments seem to be when my feet (& the bed) seem to be the coldest. I'd intended to do that again last night. (No, I really don't like electric blankets. Find the seat heater in the car uncomfortable.) Forgot about it! There's no question, I should get myself in the habit and have done so in other Winters.

It's still below zero F and approaching noon. I've been shocking myself on 2 different light switches ... so far. This weather is taxing (enervating? gets on the nerves?) -- even indoors. A few extra creature comforts should be welcome.

Steve, who will use a heating pad in the lazyboy to help warm up the chair in the early AM

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
this is a very different claim than contrails.

there are many more pollutants going into the atmosphere from many human activities that are likely many orders of magnitude greater than space exploration.

not that there's much excuse for any of it at this point, but hey, it's just me i guess... :)
We are no longer exploring our space might be a point I was unaware that I was making.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DW would do that to me too, after some middle-of-the-night puttering, I'd wake up, turn to find her grinning at me... and pull her cold hands to my beLLY! Yikes!!! But what I wouldn't give to feel that sweet loving wake-up again. Treasure those moments, @Dirtmechanic . :hugs
I do but she is cold so I mainly hug her in summer.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I only sleep with a sheet and one blanket, while hubs has four layers on him. But my feet get cold about 4 a.m. I put a small piece of fleece at the foot of my bed, under the top sheet. Then I can snuggle my feet in the fleece instead of disturbing hubs. Suggest that to her!
Never. Turns out I like her touch. I bought her rubies for her passion and garnet for her birthstone in earrings this year.Set in diamonds which pisses me off kinda in the best friend department.

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sleep with socks on. Then in the middle of the night my feet are hot so i have to take them off. I always make sure I drop them on the side of the bed and not under the covers where I would have to hunt for them in the morning when I make the bed. Boy that was a long sentence haha.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do but she is cold so I mainly hug her in summer.

maybe we need to invent zip together snow suits?

NF0A7UNA_9C6_hero

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never. Turns out I like her touch. I bought her rubies for her passion and garnet for her birthstone in earrings this year.Set in diamonds which pisses me off kinda in the best friend department.

i was fine in my understanding of this paragraph until the last sentence? ...

Latest posts