Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING everyone!
Coffee is hot and ready even though I think there's just enough for FH to take to work with him today seeing how I've been up since 2:15 (even though I've been awake since 1:30 blame that on FH who decided he had to turn HIS night stand table light on ON BRIGHT and wake me up then proceed to tell me it's only 1:30 and not time to get up so go back to sleep)
First pic is the PASTA SALAD I made yesterday, 2nd pic is the PORK and SOME of the Chicken kebabs in smoker, 3rd pic is of the BEEF kebabs (FH had them in smoker a little too long), I didn't get pics of the Baked Beans or Deviled Eggs. I sorry :hit

Attachments

• 1678038437400.jpg
    1678038437400.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1678038441771.jpg
    1678038441771.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20230305_153426_01.jpg
    IMG_20230305_153426_01.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 32

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those beef kabobs still look good, @Country Homesteader , deviled eggs, pasta salad, baked beans!

I sometimes burn or nick myself while cooking. Far too likely - drop something and make a mess. There is a word that is used by the combat military: abatis. I'm going to start using that for a vulgarity that I might say.

Abatis is what the defensive force may throw down to impede an offensive. Debris but often trees are cut down. Trash.

It doesn't improve communication to throw down trash. It has become offensively common in public discourse. Very quickly, it ain't news. It's an accident for me to use those words and I am pleased to not see them on TEG :). Relief from immediate stress but just abatis to communication.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those beef kabobs still look good, @Country Homesteader , deviled eggs, pasta salad, baked beans!

I sometimes burn or nick myself while cooking. Far too likely - drop something and make a mess. There is a word that is used by the combat military: abatis. I'm going to start using that for a vulgarity that I might say.

Abatis is what the defensive force may throw down to impede an offensive. Debris but often trees are cut down. Trash.

It doesn't improve communication to throw down trash. It has become offensively common in public discourse. Very quickly, it ain't news. It's an accident for me to use those words and I am pleased to not see them on TEG :). Relief from immediate stress but just abatis to communication.

Steve
What you said. :thumbsup

Hopefully I'll remember "abatis" the next time I spill hot coffee in my lap. It can be difficult at times for an ex-sailor to bite his tongue. :duc

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I slept way late, 7:50. I’m sick again with the same crud I had at Christmas. I took an OTC sleeping pill last night, benedryl. My throat is raw meat, runny nose and coughing up yellow crud. Great. Probably has something to do with going out in the rain and cold 6 times a day to give Reina her eye drops. And the 7th one 10 minutes after the last one, because it was for nighttime. I did that for 2 weeks, it saved her eye, so well worth the crud I have now.

Called doctor yesterday. I could get an appointment in March. WTH? So I asked for a drive by parking lot appointment like I had last time or just call in the same prescription as last time. I got a call this morning to be there at 11:00 for my parking lot rendezvous.

I have learned this about Lufkin, every doctor is filled to overflowing with patients, there aren’t enough doctors here. It would be a gold mine for a young doctor to set up shop, instant patients!

The guy I’m seeing isn’t even a doctor, he’s a PA. I’ve never seen the doctor and suspect he is dead, and mummified, propped up in a corner somewhere, maybe in a closet so as not to disturb those of delicate constitution.

I’m a farmer, I can take anything.

SHOW ME THE MUMMY!
I am laughing about the mummy and not that you are sick. DD and whole family sick a couple of weeks ago. The baby had a temperature of 104, so took to the urgent care and he tested positive for covid. That was his first time with it, but second time for DD and the rest of them. They all had cold like symptoms and sore throats, but Wes he fought with a high fever for several days. They are over it now, but went back to church yesterday and found out half the church had been out sick. It is like Russian roulette with going to church anymore. Hope you feel better soon.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am laughing about the mummy and not that you are sick. DD and whole family sick a couple of weeks ago. The baby had a temperature of 104, so took to the urgent care and he tested positive for covid. That was his first time with it, but second time for DD and the rest of them. They all had cold like symptoms and sore throats, but Wes he fought with a high fever for several days. They are over it now, but went back to church yesterday and found out half the church had been out sick. It is like Russian roulette with going to church anymore. Hope you feel better soon.
I finally kicked the crud. Good thing, I’ve got lots to do!

Sorry the baby was so sick, but at least the family is well now.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!
Sad to report that coffee pot is just about empty right now.
Can someone stick a pin in my butt or give me a shove or kick or something so I can get going this AM????

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Oolong in the cup. Spearmint with licorice and cranberry is in the kettle. Raisins, cranberries and dried apricots are in the Cream of Wheat with brown sugar, butter and a splash of almond milk.

I have to be careful with combinations. Sometimes, I have things out of wack and there is a blandness with individual flavors not coming through. I think that I kept my raisin dominant tendency in check well enough with this bowl of hot cereal :). Haute cuisine probably has some word for that bland overall flavor mistake.

Steve 🥣 🍮

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Going to hit it outside today. Bennett and I will be working on the fence between us,. There is no fence, so this will be a new build. Lots of prep work before we can even get started. Neighbor Chase is coming over and cut big trees out of the fence row that are too big for me to handle. I’ll either be cutting yaupon out of the fence with my battery chainsaw or helping Bennett where needed.