Coffee

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Major pain day so not getting anything done. Fen isn’t happy with me. Summer squash finally up. Took forever. Temps here are cool. My coffee is cold and I can’t make it into the kitchen to reheat it. Praying tomorrow is a better day.
I did feed Fen this morning. He guilts me by acting crazy every morning then suddenly going into his crate and looking at me soberly, until I deliver his breakfast. Since it works at mealtimes, he deduced it should work ALL the time.
This is his reaction when I told him “no second breakfast”

IMG_4039.jpeg
IMG_4038.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major pain day so not getting anything done. Fen isn’t happy with me. Summer squash finally up. Took forever. Temps here are cool. My coffee is cold and I can’t make it into the kitchen to reheat it. Praying tomorrow is a better day.
I did feed Fen this morning. He guilts me by acting crazy every morning then suddenly going into his crate and looking at me soberly, until I deliver his breakfast. Since it works at mealtimes, he deduced it should work ALL the time.
This is his reaction when I told him “no second breakfast”

View attachment 57877View attachment 57878
Laughing face at Fen.
Sad face :confused: for your pain. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cream of Wheat and peaches from the produce aisle (& who knows where, originally ;)). Oolong with more store-bought herbal in the kettle.

Perhaps I can mention this here rather than @Branching Out 's thread. It isn't really advice but, maybe worth a mention :).

Tomatoes. I seldom have any problems with Blossom End Rot and inclined to blame watering the few times it may show up. The ag extension people tell us that local soil is calcium rich so that is of evident help.

Raccoons. Seldom a problem, either. The neighbor had quite a bit more corn than I do. He was a little negligent about carrying out every ear and the raccoons would show up every year and take those older ears, mostly. They seemed to prefer those but would stay "over there" and not often bother with my sweet corn.

Here at home, the neighbors have also reported raccoons, even in my yard. I'm concerned about Garbanzo the Dog meeting up with them since she is such a feisty thing and her 7# is probably no match for a tree squirrel, let alone a raccoon. She is tricky tho. Black, with quite a bit of grey hair in recent years -- I try to go out ahead of her during the hours of darkness to scope out the backyard. She sometimes comes out at my heels, immediately descends the back steps, and drifts out into the shadows. Yesterday, AM, I thought she had changed her mind about going out. I returned to the house, looked everywhere for her, and then went back out to find her drifting around the backyard, nose to the ground. So much for me protecting her from the unseen.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please send us your stupid coons. Ours go for the best the night before we pick it.

we don't even bother to try to grow sweet corn here. they get it. right now they're getting my strawberries (well technically once they have et them they are their strawberries). Mom wants to set the live trap but i told her not to bother. it's more work than it is worth. as soon as we trap one another comes along. i've trapped for weeks at a time and between groundhogs and raccoons and oppossums and semi-feral kitties and chipmunks and rabbits i could be transporting animals several times a day or night. so far we've been lucky that not too many skunks stay around for long.

i am always daydreaming of a good quality electrified fence which would keep most of the critters and deer away for good. my budget was just blown out of the water for this season so it sure won't be happening this year. :(

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen is quietly hunting and torturing sky raisins. (Anything, as long as it isn’t me)
I’m praying I can make it out to garden today. Past several days the pain has kept me bedridden. I’m losing my mind! :hu

The sun is out, so it’s possible. It’s the barometric pressure that triggers it so hoping once my body adjusts to high pressure I can function again. There is much to do!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fen is quietly hunting and torturing sky raisins. (Anything, as long as it isn’t me)
I’m praying I can make it out to garden today. Past several days the pain has kept me bedridden. I’m losing my mind! :hu

The sun is out, so it’s possible. It’s the barometric pressure that triggers it so hoping once my body adjusts to high pressure I can function again. There is much to do!!

i hope you can get some relief!

Latest posts