seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cold here for summer.

IMG_4632.png

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
It hit 108 in Vancouver and Portland yesterday. 107 at my house. Hubs is hand watering everything every morning (that's alot here on 2.6 acres) but the heat will be ruining my garden. Things were winding down anyway, but this will do some of the plants in.

I hope to harvest more of my egg plants - only got four so far and I have about 10 plants.

Today will be 104, then down to 99. No rain for over 75 days.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very cool here too, especially for August. We'll be bouncing back up to the 80's-90's later in the week though.

Was just down on the Gulf coast of Florida with the family, "only" mid-90's there, but it really put what passes for heat up North in perspective. You know its muggy when you step out of the AC, and moisture condenses on your skin.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was just down on the Gulf coast of Florida with the family, "only" mid-90's there, but it really put what passes for heat up North in perspective. You know its muggy when you step out of the AC, and moisture condenses on your skin.
Welcome to my world. How can it be 98% humidity and not be raining? Although lately, with triple digits heat and no rain for two months, there is very little humidity. But I’m still soaking wet in sweat. When I stop to cool off, water still runs off me for 20 minutes. I feel like a danged water sprinkler.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Two of my old ewes are going to their new home this morning, along with a handsome brown ram lamb. I’m giving them to a neighbor that has been so helpful to me, our joke has been that I would pay him back with sheep. LOL. Both ewes are bred, they always have twins and will make a good starter flock. Eve and Lucy are big pets and should delight their new family. Both are due in December. I would never put them up for sale, it’s more important to me that they go to a good home.

Also weaning ram lambs this morning. Little stinkers are 2 months old and already trying to breed the ladies. One is spoken for, he will be going to Arkansas. The others will go to auction when we get past this triple digit heat. Was going to take them this Saturday but at 107F degrees, they would be roasted by the time I got there.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! I've been busy trying to get supplies in order for Sat so can see what we are going to need and make a list of the supplies. A couple of FH co-workers came over last night and helped get the pool level so back to filling it then on Friday evening a couple friends are coming for dinner and to help get the big (10x30) party tent set up. Yesterday the table umbrella and base came, I can't wait for us to get the umbrella set so the lights can charge.
Last Sat we was told about a thing called "Stock the Bar" party. Has anyone heard of this? Attended one? Is it cheesy and cheap or exciting and flamboyant? I have to say FH and I don't do a lot of drinking (we still have about a 12 pack of wine coolers in fridge from when we moved into our house last Sept) but when we have company over or hosts BBQs guests do like to have booze

Latest posts