Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Country Homesteader Adorable pictures!

Wind is howling here. Rain will start late morning. More mud in the sheep pens, not what I need!!
10 day forecast has us in low 20’s next Monday-Wednesday and possibly snow. Since the mere whisper of snow sends everyone into a blind panic and a lemming rush to the grocery stores, stripping shelves bare of bread and milk, I’m going for feed and an extra 50# bag of dog food tomorrow. I’ll have everything I might need so I can hunker down and let the crazies have their panic attack. I’ll be staying home!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow No snow ... yet. (Good thing DS wasn't flying out of Portland last night ✈️ – news!)

Crispix and banana in the bowl, Mandarin oranges on the side, oolong in the cup, Saturday's vitamin :). We have to eat these oranges! Peelings are in the dehydrator on the kitchen table.

I just can't be satisfied with the store-bought orange zest, although there is some of that in the herb tea kettle. Ya know, it may be psychological but how much of taste is in the thoughts of the consumer? I gave that dried lemon verbena a good test. Flavor is supposed to be stimulating and it just didn't have enuf of that :(. Those Leaves leave me without a store-bought alternative to a favorite but I can get-by with alternative zestiness :), fortunately.

An Amazon commercial was just on the teevee. A young lady is uncomfortable in her big city apartment. She moves in lots of plants to gain comfort. Balcony is a jungle. Girl, that's me! Psychological.

Steve
I have been thinking of adding more houseplants. I have a lot of windows, but light does not come in the living room, DS's room or the extra room that used to be DD's. I have some light in the kitchen, my bedroom and the office which all have at least 1 south facing window. I noticed some at a thrift store a few months ago. I have a plant that is older that DS and I need to add new soil to it this spring.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had a sinus and chest infection since the 21st of December. Some filthy guy who wouldn't even wipe his nose was on the reception at a health spa and I'm sure I caught it from him.

So I spent my Christmas here with my animals. No complaints because I'm getting a little better.
I have been home for 2 weeks now. I hope you are well soon.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had coffee and went out to take care of the rabbit. It is getting slippery out and starting to snow a little. We have just a tiny bit of snow on the ground, but it is supposed to start again today. DS finally got sick and stayed home from work. I guess he got it from me. He said a lot of people sick at work. DD and kids have cold symptoms. I am better today. I am trying to decide what I want to plant this spring.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Herbal tea is started, up a little late.

Looks like today's weather will be miserable. WA State transportation department website communications appears to be overwhelmed. Weather Service is saying heavy snow at times for the Cascades with as much as 12 inches for many 12 hour periods right through this week. Northern Idaho is just now getting this storm and their authorities are reporting "difficult" conditions on all roadways.

The snow comes with wind
and that has also just started here at home. Gusts now are 30+ mph. The wind is supposed to be a good deal higher in some locations including those mountain passes. Can we say "whiteout conditions? " If someone has chosen this week to drive through the PNW, they have picked the wrong week.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I used to drink coffee off and on all day. I stopped That about 2 decades ago, now only in the morning,
Since DH throws 1/2 & 1/2 and sweet n low in His quart sized coffee cup, I have to make it strong, so I water Mine down. I drink it black and always with something to eat. Often I have it first thing in the morning with plain or vanilla yogurt.
I am tipping a cup of Joe to all of you here today!! 😍

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Gardening with Rabbits , just talked to my beef lady. New meat, "Snowflake", weighed in at 1,075 lbs.
Two years ago the steer, "Big Boy," weighed 1,500 lbs. Not a problem bc we got the 2022 steer, "Frostbite," last April.
Frostbite ended up costing $4/lb overall. Beef lady says that hers cost about $3/lb, but we paid to have half of the hamburger made into pre made patties, and I think they were a few other specialty cuts.
I REMEMBER your posts from last summer about the drought and ranchers selling off their herds.
I can't believe that the buyers kept them to feed them. I am pretty sure that they were butchered and the meat was on the market last Fall.
I think there will be a beef shortage this Spring, especially at the chain grocery stores.

Latest posts