Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This entire county plus counties nearby were flooded with all the rain we got in a short time. That doesn’t happen very often. At least I have the option of staying home and not having to battle the elements to get to work.
Historically these "rain events" didn't happen very often, but now predictions are that they will become more frequent. I hope they are wrong, but fear they are right.

The perks of retirement! So nice to be able to venture out only when weather/road conditions are favorable.

On edit: very depressing/disturbing news about those who were victimized by the flooding here in my state:

Roughly 6,300 households — representing roughly 14,000 Vermonters — applied for federal assistance through FEMA after the July flooding, according to the data. ....295 households — made up of an unknown number of individuals — told FEMA that they had since left Vermont for other states. ......Another 677 households reported that they had relocated to a new ZIP code within Vermont. Forty-eight individual Vermonters who sought aid from FEMA reported that they were now experiencing homelessness, while 89 people were receiving rental assistance from FEMA as of the start of the month......Of those roughly 6,300 applicants for FEMA assistance, 2,600 did not qualify.

It's all very grim, and I count myself as extremely lucky. I hope both our good fortunes in escaping these consequences continue to hold up.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dibs! :D And since this is a coffee thread...

I tried an experiment with chocolate several years ago. Since some dry coffee creamer appears to have an emulsifier, I wondered if I could melt chocolate into hot coffee, using creamer to dissolve the chocolate? It works!!! :ya I sometimes add a square of dark chocolate to the morning coffee. It takes a bit of stirring to break up the chocolate, but well worth the effort.
What about stirring in some chia seeds and leaving them to soften as well as thickening

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
With the warm temperatures, we won't be very well prepared for drought with a deficit of snow pack. Still, there can be hope – rain during growing season/colder temperatures and late Winter snow.

Ten minutes preparing herbal tea, should have its 30 minutes steeping by the time I finish this Cream of Rice with cranberries :). A well spent 10 minutes — let me encourage you again to try those store-bought herbal teas. Check the ingredients, decide which flavors appeal to you, grow what you can, dry or freeze your ingredients, experiment!!

Yesterday afternoon, I was very much into DIY maintenance. Replacing a bathroom faucet that was a much more difficult job than it needed to be. Almost no room under that sink, then, one of those plastic holding nuts was too tight to turn. Broke it slowly into pieces! Who put it on that tight :rant!? Oh, yeah ...

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We'll keep all the caramel for ourselves and leave the chocolate for the chocolate addicts.
Nope, I like caramel too so I'll just snag a little here or little there seeing how caramel fits together with chocolate just as nice as peanut butter fits with marshmallow fluff.
images

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monday! Coffee! Cloudy and gloomy. I have a sewing project I’m working on, I’ll finish it today. The lady at the Post Office texted me and said my passport has arrived! I’m so excited! I’m going to Ireland and Scotland with my daughter and sister in May! My daughter and son in law are paying my way, best birthday and Mother’s Day gift in my life.

Tomorrow is the only sunny day until next week, so my only chance to go get feed. Wednesday is a 6 hour round trip to go pick up baby meat chicks. If I had them shipped, I would be gone when they arrived. So I’m picking them up.

Latest posts