ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monty, just for you.

photo (52).JPG

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, that is a most lovely painted lady!!! :love I LOVE homes with gingerbreading that people actually paint different colors and highlight the architecture. Shows love!

We have a wood shed that matches the house, a large log outbuilding that also matches part of the house, and a coop(barn red) that matches the trim on the house and woodshed. The outhouse also matches some of the trim on the house. Our home is trimmed in chocolate brown and barn red.

The coop....

900x900px-LL-63d3339e_100_2740.jpeg

The wood shed...

900x900px-LL-6b1db974_100_2288.jpeg

Even our sittin' glider matches the trim on the house...and the coop...used to be brown but I had to have red. Love pops of red for a country home.

900x900px-LL-ce0dd8d5_100_2287.jpeg

And the outhouse matches part of the home trim, though not red...I really wanted to paint it red but Mom wouldn't let me. :gig

900x900px-LL-9691b9af_100_2286.jpeg

We are finally coordinated in our color scheme since this past year's painting and it looks great, if I do say so myself....we didn't have any red before then and it was very drab and dull. Since then we painted our shutters red, the porch railing red and the trim on the wood shed red. I too think it gives a place visual continuity and a neater appearance if most of the buildings match in some way.

I'll be heading to the mountains this weekend and will be passing a place that has taken it to an extreme...will try to get a pic or so of it, as it will give you a chuckle.

animalmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
All of our out buildings that have paint, as opposed to metal siding, match the house. That way we only have to have one paint can stored for those pesky touch ups. Even the goat cabanas match the house. Or maybe I just have a color obsessive/compulsive hubby :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our home has beige vinyl siding. Boring. Our portable building is Boring Beige sides with a darker dirt color roof, also boring. Going to try to match the dirt color and add 20' lean ti's on each side.

Sheep shed that we are going to build will have a tan R panel metal roof, because I scrounged 7 pieces of it, used.

House, along with the 16'x54' screened porch that we will add, as in it's not built yet, will be roofed in Boring Beige R panel metal. The planned horse barn will also be adorned with the same Boring Beige roof.

We have 28 pieces of used corrugated metal roofing, 14' long, too rusty and holey to use on roof, but will make great outer wall material. It will have to be painted and it will NOT be Boring Beige.

That is what we have, and what we have planned to build. As far as painting, that is not an issue right now. I like crazy bright colors, DH likes something more normal. But I am not normal and he knows it.

Oops! I forgot the chicken hoop coop! It has an unpainted treated wood bottom frame and an unpainted back and door. The roof is used galvanized corrugated tin. Kinda ugly. Maybe purple or orange.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, that is a most lovely painted lady!!! :love I LOVE homes with gingerbreading that people actually paint different colors and highlight the architecture. Shows love!

We have a wood shed that matches the house, a large log outbuilding that also matches part of the house, and a coop(barn red) that matches the trim on the house and woodshed. The outhouse also matches some of the trim on the house. Our home is trimmed in chocolate brown and barn red.

The coop....

900x900px-LL-63d3339e_100_2740.jpeg

The wood shed...

900x900px-LL-6b1db974_100_2288.jpeg

Even our sittin' glider matches the trim on the house...and the coop...used to be brown but I had to have red. Love pops of red for a country home.

900x900px-LL-ce0dd8d5_100_2287.jpeg

And the outhouse matches part of the home trim, though not red...I really wanted to paint it red but Mom wouldn't let me. :gig

900x900px-LL-9691b9af_100_2286.jpeg

We are finally coordinated in our color scheme since this past year's painting and it looks great, if I do say so myself....we didn't have any red before then and it was very drab and dull. Since then we painted our shutters red, the porch railing red and the trim on the wood shed red. I too think it gives a place visual continuity and a neater appearance if most of the buildings match in some way.

I'll be heading to the mountains this weekend and will be passing a place that has taken it to an extreme...will try to get a pic or so of it, as it will give you a chuckle.
love the coop photo....don't get me wrong but i am ready for snow....

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I knew your house would have color Mary. It's very pretty indeed. I know a very large house in the country painted in a similar fashion. The road out there is currently closed due to a landslide that took half the road with it. When it re-opens I'll try to remember to get a pic or two of it. It's quite stunning.

Latest posts