Coming to An End

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think a lot has to do with how you use your bed. If you just use for sleeping I guess sheets don't matter to much. I use my bed for more then sleeping, relaxing it where I do reading talking on phone and watching TV. Bedroom is my most used room in house. Nothing better then in winter getting in bed under layers of quilts glass of wine watching a good movie

i'm constantly on my perch here (futon), it's where i type, read, listen to music, shell beans, daydream, and yes, even sleep at times. :) sitting is often painful for me so reclining here is like using a couch, but the couch is in the other room and i only sit there a few minutes once in a while. it's pretty hard and not very comfy. my futon has memory foam layer on top, i also call it my marshmallow because of that and i sleep so well on it since i put that on that i hope i never have to do without.

i make it as often as the blankets get washed (hardly ever) because it makes no sense. i'll just mess it up again five minutes later...

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I HATE my My Pillow! Bought it from Kohls at a great price, returned the next day to get the firmer one, and hate that one too. Its out in the trailer for the grands to use. It smooshes down horribly, leaving two large chopped up foam lumps on each side of my head. I'm a side sleeper, so its important to have some firmness.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I thought one time I had found excellent bed linens. High thread count. Silky smooth. They disintegrated after just 3 or 4 yrs. pffft.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a latex pillow. Best. Pillow. Ever. Also have a latex mattress. No springs, just a slab of latex. It was a king size mattress. When we sold our old house, the man that bought it bought a LOT of our furniture because it wouldn't fit in our new and smaller house. He bought the bedroom set, but I held back the mattress. When we moved, I cut it in half and it fit perfectly on the new adjustable bed I had just bought and had delivered. My husband LOVES his adjustable bed. Back to the pillow.....get a latex pillow, they are very comfortable and spring back to form and don't leave a dent where your head was.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, what type of pillow or the name of it did you order from Amazon? We are due for some new ones and I have already returned pillows twice to stores.

As far as the wringer washing machine, I was always getting my skinny arms rolled in them. I remember having to bang the darn roller to release it. It wasn't so bad. I guess it would have been more painful if my arms had been bigger.

Mary

This is the one I bought, though the price has changed quite a bit since I bought it, wouldn't you know it?

https://www.amazon.com/Hypoallergen...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3AA9H798SD77P2CS0GBQ

I love the quality of the cotton and also the stitching on this pillow...VERY well made and smooth as silk.

61RXXQqbyFL._SL1200_.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a latex pillow. Best. Pillow. Ever. Also have a latex mattress. No springs, just a slab of latex. It was a king size mattress. When we sold our old house, the man that bought it bought a LOT of our furniture because it wouldn't fit in our new and smaller house. He bought the bedroom set, but I held back the mattress. When we moved, I cut it in half and it fit perfectly on the new adjustable bed I had just bought and had delivered. My husband LOVES his adjustable bed. Back to the pillow.....get a latex pillow, they are very comfortable and spring back to form and don't leave a dent where your head was.

Is a latex pillow sort of the same thing as a memory foam pillow?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pillow ??????? what is with you people one pillow. I have 7 or 8 pillows most end up on floor by morning. I love flannel sheets but I like sleeping in a cool room.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pillow ??????? what is with you people one pillow. I have 7 or 8 pillows most end up on floor by morning. I love flannel sheets but I like sleeping in a cool room.

:gig I have a twin size bed, NY...if I had more than one pillow there wouldn't be any room left for ME. :D I'm a bit of what they now call a minimalist, but used to be called simple living. One blanket on the bed, no top sheet, just a fitted sheet, one pillow. I don't like to get all tangled up in linens when I sleep.

If I had to deal with a million pillows every day when I made the bed I'd just as well shoot myself in the foot...a colossal waste of time, too many pillows. o_O