Coming to An End

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think a lot has to do with how you use your bed. If you just use for sleeping I guess sheets don't matter to much. I use my bed for more then sleeping, relaxing it where I do reading talking on phone and watching TV. Bedroom is my most used room in house. Nothing better then in winter getting in bed under layers of quilts glass of wine watching a good movie

I like the getting under the quilts part but no wine or TV...mostly just for reading.

I use mine for reading, lounging, folding clothes on, playing with the grandkids, etc. Sheets matter to me in a few ways...they have to fit the bed snugly, so I order fitted sheets that have built in elastic bands besides the elastic around the edges. These keep the sheets tight to the bed.

They matter to me in smoothness...I like a high thread count. Any low thread count sheets that pill drive me crazy, wouldn't sleep on one. I don't particularly like flannel sheets, either...I like for my sheets to be cool, no matter the season. Thread count has to at least be 400 but higher is preferable.

And color matters...I love a pleasing to the eye color or print. I know that sounds silly but I feel I get a better sleep on sheets of a color I love than those that I don't particularly care for.

Sheets definitely matter! :D

And pillows....just got the best feather pillow for the most amazing price!!! Most likely will be the last pillow I'll ever purchase, it's so well made. 100% Egyptian cotton and 100% goose feathers...$17 off Amazon!!! Came in its own zippered carrying case. I'm impressed. The stitching was so fine and double stitched on all edges...never saw a pillow so finely crafted.

Anyone tempted to order My Pillow, give it a pass...we did and sent it back the same day. What arrived looked like the cheapest yellow foam filled pillow you could buy from back in the 80s, wherein the foam had disintegrated and left a cheap cloth, almost transparent bag with a little foam fragments behind. It wasn't even FULL of the cheapy foam, it was maybe 1/4 full of foam pieces, making it the most lumpy, cheaply made pillow I've ever seen in my life. And that was over $50 with the s/h included. Came rolled tightly into a plastic sleeve, no bigger than my purse..and I don't have a large purse.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... I don't particularly like flannel sheets...
I have trouble with flannel sheets but DW likes them. Seems odd but she wants a warm bed to climb into but overheats fairly quickly, throwing off blankets. It took years before I got through to her the idea that because she was too warm that she was not free to throw the blanket off me!

I awaken with every one of my turns. It isn't easy. Flannel doubles, triples the effort required. With the bad back, I can understand some disabled folks needing help turning in bed. Bedridden? It would not take too much time before lying horizontally and the bed itself would wreck my ability to rise and walk away from it.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have an adjustable bed with massage. Absolutely love it. It takes twin extra long bottom sheets, king flat top sheet. I like to sit up in bed and read.

@Nyboy one time I had a set of mis matched sheets that were dog butt ugly. The bottom sheet was blue with pink flowers, the top sheet was big stripes in white, black and yellow, one pillowcase was pink, one was red. They were incredibly ugly, but they cost less than $10 on a bargain basement sale. I was 17, my first apartment and I loved those hideous sheets!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think a lot has to do with how you use your bed. If you just use for sleeping I guess sheets don't matter to much. I use my bed for more then sleeping, relaxing it where I do reading talking on phone and watching TV. Bedroom is my most used room in house. Nothing better then in winter getting in bed under layers of quilts glass of wine watching a good movie

So I guess no tv in the living room for you eh? ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make my own pillow cases (you know, the burrito method) so I have some pretty colorful ones, and they don't always match, but coordinate. The trim on one is the same as the main part on the others, for instance.
And @Beekissed , thanks for the heads up on the My Pillow. I have often been tempted to order those. The last feather pillows I bought, I ended up removing about 1/3 of the feathers, to make it "just right".

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make my own pillow cases (you know, the burrito method) so I have some pretty colorful ones, and they don't always match, but coordinate. The trim on one is the same as the main part on the others, for instance.
And @Beekissed , thanks for the heads up on the My Pillow. I have often been tempted to order those. The last feather pillows I bought, I ended up removing about 1/3 of the feathers, to make it "just right".

Lucky, they had over 6500 reviews on My Pillow on Amazon and they finally turned off the ability to review that product. Most I read were like my experience....total rip off. Best ad campaign EVER, worst product ever.

I've only had this feather pillow a hand full of days but I'm already having a lessening of neck pain upon awakening, so it's the pillow I've been looking for. It does seem to need a little less feathers in it but I think those will settle down in time and feel just right.

The last feather pillow I had came from the general stash of pillows in our home when I was little. I claimed one pillow in particular, a feather pillow, put my name on the case(as in, it doesn't have your name on it, so it's not yours!!! So, I put my name on it.), and kept it as my own for the next 22 years. Finally took all the layers of pillow cases off it that I had applied over the years to keep it all together and found that it had very little feathers left in it at all. Finally had to admit I had used it down to the last feathers and could finally let it go.

Now, a new feather pillow era is starting, though I don't feel the need to put my name on the inner case. :D I can already tell I prefer chicken feather over goose feathers...the goose feathers seem to have a harder quill and stiffer feathering, so doesn't conform as easily as do the chicken feathers, but I'm still loving this compared to the average poly fiber fill pillow.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I too love my bed. It's the place where I go to relax in the evenings. Love having all those peoples propping me up to watch t.v., read, or eat, haha. It's also my cure all place. When I'm sick as soon as the kids get picked up, I take a really hot shower and get into bed. I don't let my body cool down. My dinner and drinks and meds are brought to me by my husband or son. :love

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, what type of pillow or the name of it did you order from Amazon? We are due for some new ones and I have already returned pillows twice to stores.

As far as the wringer washing machine, I was always getting my skinny arms rolled in them. I remember having to bang the darn roller to release it. It wasn't so bad. I guess it would have been more painful if my arms had been bigger.

Mary

Latest posts