common sense is out the window

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree Red. That is hilarious. I wonder if the light bulb ever went off in Peewee's head. At least it doesn't sound like he was being malicious, just being Peewee.

One great thing about many jobs is working with the people. One horrible thing about some jobs is working with some of the people.

Deb, do you wear a hard hat? It might help when banging your head against the wall.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a hardhat, but I only wear it if I have to go back onto the work area - or during inventory when there is LOTS of head banging........
smile.gif

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters very funny.

I have opposite problem. Boss will have old report, goes on and on and on. When he's done, explain report is behind. Already done.

So many think, do job, enter it into computer (or hand in paperwork) and it should show. Still takes time to process or refresh.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
being on vacation i am still on call for any emergencies that may arise down at work..fair enough.
have received 3 calls been able to walk my helper though 2 of them, tripped circuit breaker and loss of power to a hoist.... nothing big.

while outside between showers my helper called and asked how to do a "rga" <return goods authorization> form to sent back a part and how to do a "ra" <repair authorization> on a controller... asked a couple questions all i got was.... i don't know. he handed me over too that department supervisor was told that both rga and ra where being sent to the g/m's computer. perfect so why are you calling me? how do we ship them back..really:confused: almost fell off the well cover laughing to myself.

explained in detail where to find a box,bubble wrap and tape to ship back the parts, told him that somebody will have to drive to the ups store with either cash or the company credit card. ok thanks end of call.

moments later the g/m called, she called how much will it cost to sent the box back..really :he
explained to her that you will need the dimensions and weight of the box as well the zip code and call the ups store for a price with or without extra insurance.... ok thanks end of call.. that call was just too funny.

before saying anything more yes they count on me and i will do anything for them... but how to ship a box... wonder what they are going to call tomorrow with..........where has common sense gone too..????

do you have a story on common sense blunders..?
Time for you to have them do these things for themselves when you ARE there. Then again, you are indispensable for any of them to function so.... never mind.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My BFF had some remodeling done at her home. She hired a contractor to install new cabinets, shower, and washer/dryer combo in her downstairs bathroom. The contractor ordered higher kitchen cabinets instead of vanity cabinets so this small woman has to use a step stool to clean up in the bathroom. He also installed the washer and dryer without an electrical outlet. Her fault entirely, he says. She didn't tell him she wanted an outlet there, just a washer and dryer.

Much the same problem in the kitchen where he installed a microwave oven over her stove without installing an electrical outlet for it to plug in to. Both electrical jobs cost her extra because they weren't done before appliance installations. Her contractor was a real piece.

He was hired and working there before I knew it or I could have told her he had a history of scamming women with his work.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: finally a call worthwhile this morning. a motor on one of the buffer's died ....well remove it and take to clayton motor and have it rebuilt ..duh

what you want to spend 3700.00 on a new one or a couple hundred to rebuild the old one....:he

going to hate to see the pile of tools/equipment sitting in my office that needs to be repaired monday morning :pop by next friday be ready for another week off....
and yes @catjac1975 there are certain things that i do not share.. plc settings and codes.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wish i could tell some situations i've had being a customer service rep. the only one i can think of telling is about my office mailing out an important piece of mail and the customer calling on it saying they hadn't received it after a month, we proceed to print & mailed it again to the customer, another month goes by and they call back again to say still hasn't been received. so i print it out again and say to the customer that is comes in a very plain looking envelope with the company's name on it........silence for about 1-2 minutes on the customer's end............you mean those envelopes you send with all those other 'useless' papers in them? yep..those same envelopes had the USEFUL paper in it you were looking for this time! and those other 'useless' papers really aren't useless, more informative.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well i was surprised this morning ..no piles in my office to be repaired but my parts cabinets looked a bit rummaged though, like i did not expect it !!!!!

anyway my helper went to get the motor, just as we started to install it, #2 extruder went down so he kept working on the motor and i went over to fix the extruder,
damn this one had me stumped, called the manufacture support desk

he told me that it was the main regulator and i kept telling him thats it's working just fine it has too be something else.. nope it your regulator, ok ok so by-passed the regulator same problem. called back we went round and round in the pneumatics cabinet he was asking for valves and solenoids that did not exist, ...they have to be in there...nope not in this machine... took a photo sent it to him.

he called back...my fault i was looking at the wrong machine layout.....REALLY :he no sh!t sherlock :confused:
once we where on the same page it took 2 minutes to fix.....1.5 hours later.....
otherwise had a great first day back....

I LOVE MY JOB......

Last edited:

Latest posts