common sense is out the window

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once put a ad on Craig list for weekend help, I had over 50 replies the first day. I hired someone who didn't work out and had to put ad up again, this time I put must be able to pass drug test, 6 replies!!!!
I put an ad on craig's list last season for weeding help for $10.00 an hour. I had so many replies and got a couple of good weeders. The replies were so sad and begging in so many cases because people needed money. I did not have all that much work. I got a great Vet who was going back to college and a 16 year old that weeded almost as good as me. The kid was so grateful and shocked at being paid what I paid him. Somehow I have lost his phone number and I hope that he calls me!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
you got to love this one, today did a drop and hook from our plant in graham to greer,sc no problem what a great way to kill a day...99% windshield time.

got back and the transportation manager informed me that i would have to the petersburg,va run, ok no problem.. cool 3 stops lots of windshield time..
NOPE..... since they shut down the ashland store, now we are doing their old stops as well.... so now it's 7 stops.
no problem.. asked for directions to the new stops
t/m..i dont know.
me... really.
t/m.. you will need to contact our salesmen for them.
me.. called salesman for directions.
sales.. best you google them i dont know where they are.
me.. do you have their phone numbers?
sales.. not handy their on the internet....

after getting home spent over a hour googling them and writing down and loading directions into the phone...:caf
......:he :he :he..
how come nobody takes the initiative to get proper directions for the drivers..grrrrr

love how stupidity runs rampant in the company......:somad

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish could have stopped at stupidity reins in companies. Won't bore you with extra expenses occurred while trying to reduce delivery costs. Old way much more efficient....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish could have stopped at stupidity reins in companies. Won't bore you with extra expenses occurred while trying to reduce delivery costs. Old way much more efficient....

you are so right on that... years ago we had a t/m that was hands on in every aspect , now we have a chair holder....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We built our first house just off Kettle Road and our new one is about 2.5 miles west of there. I use Kettle Road almost daily in my travels.

Over the past 8+ years I have 'helped' dozens of truck drivers who's GPS sends them to Kettle Road when their papers say Kettle Way. I actually had a few hand drawn maps kept in the glove compartment to hand out since this happened so frequently -- and usually they are non or minimal English speaking drivers.

After many years, the township(? somebody?) put up two signs telling the drivers where to call for instructions. A good idea, yes? Nope, because they promptly added another sign posting "no trucks allowed" on the road well ahead of where the instruction sign could be seen.

Now, instead of driving back and forth on this two mile long road looking for a factory, the trucks are stopping along the highway wondering whether to break the law by driving on or hope someone stops to help them.

I would give them the number to call for proper directions. Alas and alack, someone took down the informational sign. You would think that after so many years, either the GPS companies, the map makers, or the companies waiting for supplies would make sure drivers were given the right directions.

In almost every case, the drivers had passed the road leading to Kettle Way as they drove the extra 8 miles out to Kettle Road, since it was right off the interstate.

Common sense? I think not!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Deal with truckers, they are only as good as their GPS. Hopefully it's updated. I use iPhone as my Garmin is too old to update-therefore inaccurate.

Latest posts