common sense out the window .......the new beginning

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday received an email at work which was from the continental field rep, where he said in his report that i needed to come out and do some repairs.....
well how about that this afternoon i was volunteered :he to drive out to the murfreesboro ,tn store and fix both their ntd tire inspectors.... 1 is dead the other works now and then.
had the new retread shop manager send me photos of inside the high voltage cabinets, well no wonder one is dead the 50kv output has leaked out all the oil and one of the capacitors has a black ozone trail running down the length of it.

after a long conference call with the big heads was given permission to order a rebuild kit and a 50kw output for one of them, the other one seams to be simple to fix<famous last words>if not order another rebuild kit... basically was given permission to order anything that they need that was in the report.. spent most of the day on the phone with vendors.

all the parts will be there around mid next week, next week will be on vacation up in new york, so dec 2nd will be driving out to Tennessee for a few days or week who knows at this time...

Tennessee is the volunteer state.....if you get my drift:lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
so, um, by what i'm reading, that site has no competent maintenance people and you have to do this all long distance... uhg... in the winter. double ugh with some p.o. sauce on top... i'm getting older and cranky. hope you will be safe on the roads/trips.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this afternoon received a call from hartford boiler, set up an appointment dec 14th or 21st waiting on what the inspectors schedule is for my internal inspection...

started my vacation today, but < you have to love the but's> still be working on some projects, and then home for 2 days then out to murfreesboro for a couple days, then back to graham for inspection..

after that been told to plan on visiting multi stores and relamping their warehouses starting after the first of the year...

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
this afternoon received a call from hartford boiler, set up an appointment dec 14th or 21st waiting on what the inspectors schedule is for my internal inspection...

started my vacation today, but < you have to love the but's> still be working on some projects, and then home for 2 days then out to murfreesboro for a couple days, then back to graham for inspection..

after that been told to plan on visiting multi stores and relamping their warehouses starting after the first of the year...

Situation normal.......... :thAll f****d up

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
just got back from murfreesboro tn store. what a nightmare 1st 2 days was rebuilding both of the ntd inspection machines both had no spark. they now have the prettiest blue ark between the carbon balls.
IMG_0883[1].JPG
IMG_0884[1].JPG

while in the cabinets bypassed the fabric circuit all together<no need for it>plus you will get a truer test...

3rd day was installing a new vacuum tester for the envelopes and had all new coupler's in the chambers and all new nipples on the envelopes <they where wrong from the get go>. rebuilt a cable lift for one of the tread builders.. asked for a 3/4" nut and bolt and this is what they had to work with... really :he
IMG_0885[1].JPG

and finally adjusted the settings for the side stitching wheels on the tread builder<that was a witch getting into the flex drive settings to do that>to slow down the way they come out...

meet with both the new retread manager and the g/m and gave them my recommendations on improving things inside the shop....

got up early this morning on the way home stopped at the store in asheville nc to look over the lighting problem they have<it's dark in there>did get a very warm welcome from mike and debbie when i walked in < two of the best people you will ever meet>\.

good to be home with my 2 crazy dogs....

Latest posts