Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm quite happy in denial.

6180_compost.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha...not to mention the marital troubles that a composting addiction can cause! I embarrass my husband to death, stopping for bags of leaves left curbside. And oh, the arguments we've had standing over steaming truckloads of cow manure. We're trying to figure out a way to use his truck's winch to rig up a contraption to effortlessly unload a bed-full of manure so I don't have to keep pushing him to the brink of divorce everytime I send him to the livestock market. :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah, Journey, I may have an idea. It works for leaves, not sure if it can be modified for manure.

If the bed of the truck or trailer is first lined with a heavy duty tarp, with strong nylon ropes in the eyelets on all sides, set over the load during transport...for unloading, the nylon ropes are then tied in such a way as to be together, with one or 2 chains tied to the ropes on that side, and wrapped around a stout large tree or other immovable such thing, then the truck is driven forward, the tarp pulls out the back and off. If done right, the tarp is partially out from under the load, and is then jerked out by the truck after the chain is removed.

Try it with leaves or a very light load first.

It may just save family harmony!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that idea, Marshall. And it wouldn't scratch the truck up either.

How much do you charge per hour for counselling? :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Haha...not to mention the marital troubles that a composting addiction can cause! I embarrass my husband to death, stopping for bags of leaves left curbside. And oh, the arguments we've had standing over steaming truckloads of cow manure. We're trying to figure out a way to use his truck's winch to rig up a contraption to effortlessly unload a bed-full of manure so I don't have to keep pushing him to the brink of divorce everytime I send him to the livestock market. :lol:
:lol: I just read this to my husband!! He accused me of posting it! hahahahahaha!!!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! I'll trade counseling for dentures!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
journey11 said:
:lol: I just read this to my husband!! He accused me of posting it! hahahahahaha!!!!
They're going to need to start their own recovery group..hehe.

Marshall, I could probably whittle you a fine wooden set. Would that do? :D

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
can they be painted dayglo white, with silver glitter?

Latest posts