Container Gardening

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
YES! But I'm trying to decide if it will be ok planted or if I should put in a container and ask a friend to green house it over the winter.
Has anyone got one? They are climbers and moving a whole trellis isn't practical. Could I cut it back every winter and just move the pot? OR will it be ok in a protected corner near the porch??

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I kept a pair of Mandevillas in the sun room over the winter for three years. Each spring I sunk the pots into the flower garden. They went the way of my epi's when they were moved to the garden shed during sun room re-furbishing.

They will not take overwintering above zone 9, I believe. My sun room didn't get below 40 degrees. They will lose their leaves and go dormant until the first suns of spring taunt them into leafing.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had the same problem at the Westport house but drop was more like 10 feet. Had a landscape company plant a row of azaleas, for $2,000 a week later there was a few bare sticks left. DEER LOVE AZALEAS :barnie:he

Whoa! $2000?? I could have flown out and installed them and you'd have had money left over! Lots of money!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple years in this pot. It's the red and white one. Never trimmed it. I just occasionally fertilize it.

IMG_0800.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It stays out year round and also stays evergreen here in our mild winters. Flowers almost year round too.

Mary

Latest posts