Covid

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have decided I know nothing about COVID other than I do not want it. I don't think anybody else really knows. I do not like the fear talk, but I also do not like all the well they were over 70 or 80 when they died, like that's no big deal. To me that's a big deal, but I have no idea what the answer is. I know flu season is coming and my brother's job is getting really slow, and his boss had a meeting about what to do when flu season starts. I guess panic from not knowing if the person sneezing and coughing has the flu, COVID, or allergies. I am not sure what decisions they made. I will ask DB tonight.
The fear mongering and inaccurate information has really put fuel on an already burning fire. People are daily being destroyed mentally and severely neglected physically, it's really sickening how little the elderly and seriously disabled have been neglected plus in many cases abused.
It has got too the point that many people don't want to work anymore and the good people that are dedicated to their jobs are being pushed out leaving the worst of people taking their positions to antagonize mock and goad the vunrable.

Fingers crossed DH will have good news and keep their position or even find a better place of work. Wishing you and your family well :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
in all these months we've been doing what is recommended, wear a mask, wash hands, being careful around vulnerable people, etc. to me that is sensible and not causing us any issues ourselves.

so far nobody in our family has been sick that we know of, but we have lost three friends of the family (younger people with no known risk factors) to this virus and we have a lot of elderly relatives who are vulnerable if this gets into their retirement communities or their care facilities. also i do have relatives in the medical field and i ask them once in a while how it is going and what is happening (aside from following the news and other places for information).

i don't wish anyone any harm from this virus or the conversations here, but i do want to be clear about what i'm reading and seeing and i do have enough background in the sciences and microbiology to have a good idea of what is being talked about. if i make a mistake i'll admit it.

so far from what i am seeing this virus is still easily transmitted and if there are events of large groups any one person infected and spreading will give it a chance to spread further to a number of other people. IF there were a large number of people already exposed then this would not be the case. i think this is at least one sign that perhaps what a lot of people think was covid may have been something else. when there is an actual degree of herd immunity then you won't see one person able to infect so many others.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought I had it too upon my return from India in February. It was terrible, but I just rode it out. The state just put my county on watch, so I'm only going to the grocery store and the big box stores nowadays. I'm not talking about it anymore and yes, I do miss some of the folks, like Thistle.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't been here for quite awhile so haven't read all the responses so, to all that have lost family, loved ones and friends my heart goes out to you.
Here in B.C. we are holding up pretty well and even a little better here on the island although we have are fair share of stupids WHICH if they don't smarten up they are going to get fined. No-one can visit anyone in hospital or care homes and until there is a vaccine it's going to be a long haul so we just have to buckle up and deal with it. When out MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HAND WASHING should be the norm, carry a hand sanitizer in your pocket. Come on guys we can do this if we all pull together.
BIG HUGS,
Annette

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with you on the most of your post but sorry I am certain I had this and as I have told you before I will not put full details online.
You have people in the medical field should they know exactly what symptoms I had then I'm sure they would agree. I feel really lucky too have survived all this in inadequate accommodation, meaning damp.

note that the people i'm mostly replying to here on TEG making certain claims are in the USoA which is not the same as the UK or the EU or Asia, etc. if you are making a claim that you personally had covid-19 before any other known cases in the UK that would be interesting, but without any other evidence to back it up i'd only give you credit for having the personal claim and experience, but i'd not weight it the same as someone else who actually had the blood work saved and retested with more recent tests available. that's just to me basic science. note, my personal empathy or concerns are quite a separate thing and much different from my scientific views and reasoning.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shrubs? Uh.... nope. https://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=SANI4They grow on slender stalks 12’ to 15’ tall. LOL
For now, you can buy elderberries from Amazon.

The elderberry that is used medicinally (Sambucus nigra or canadensis) is a shrub or tree.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
here is the most recent data which seems to at least be vetted to some reasonable level for Michigan:

the actual hospitalisation numbers and case numbers are what i consider more critical to follow than what people guess is going on.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What I have just been told makes no sense at all. The rules are no home visits or meetings in the gardens and yet so many at a time, I think 6 can meet in a pub? :\ surely a garden outside is safer than and indoor pub .

Latest posts