Covid

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yep, all good ideas aftermidnight ```

All those who have been infected by close contacted with the "Radical Left" who place blame on America, Americans and their President should ~ as the saying goes: "Watch out what you wish for" ~ if America the Blessed and Greatest Country in this world should be taken under by those who would do so ~ it will never happen again ~ all that you have been taught that has put you in the mindset that America must be Changed ~ Just look at those who would change us and you ```

You are enlisted in a fight for control of and taking apart of America by a coalition of extreme radical groups who don't completely agree with each other on how deeply to cut our country but do agree America is bad and the cause of all trouble and affliction from war to illness ~ if they are able to subvert our vote or by any means get hold of the throat of this the:
1st Truly Free Country America, not just US but the world will go at whatever speed into a dark age, darker than the Soviet with no Bright Shiny Free God Loving Country or People to come to our or their aid ~ eventually no one will be allowed to speak, gather, or live freely, nor will you, your family or friends be free to say: " I told you so"

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@valley ranch What you show here is that we are all susceptible to conspiracies. If you hear lies enough times you start to believe them.

The way I see it from across the pond is that your country is heading for a authoritarian regime under Trump if not a dictatorship and/or possibly a civil war. The similarities with the rise of Hitler and Mussolini are there. He's trying to distract you from the truth. Wake up, he's a charlatan. He lies.

Do you want someone with a huge debt in that position? Who are his creditors?

Also get rid of the electoral college and the 2 party system, politics are not just blue or red.
In my small country of 17 million people I had the choice between 28 political parties at the last election...
And no Biden isn't radical left, in my country i'd call it center rightish.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would very much like our TEG participants in Canada and the Netherlands and elsewhere in the World, that @valley ranch endorses the ideas of only a minority of Americans.

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi Jenx, How you doing ~ what you've stated there is not so ~ The President is a fine man as good and honest as anyone in your family and has a great knowledge of business ~ if you're not concretely set in your thinking please take another look and be fair ~ see if you can see through the unkindness thrown at us.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a composite of polling by a number of organizations. Here is the LINK

Screenshot_20201008-163420~3.png

Each dot represents a separate poll on the dates shown. As you can see, the response to the pandemic is viewed strongly by Americans on the disapprove side. Some recent polls have been above 60% disapproval. None have rated approval at 50% of Americans.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
As someone who has spent 20 years traveling the world, and visited many countries on 6 continents, I just want to say...

When visiting a foreign country, I always made it a point to never criticize, insult, or otherwise comment upon their government. Not only because in many countries to do so is against the law, but because it is just good courtesy. I would not take it upon myself to tell someone how their country should be run - because it is their choice, not mine. I would hope that those in other nations would show the same respect for our country, and our choices.

This thread seems to veer inexorably into contentious politics, and runs the risk of destroying everything which makes this site welcoming, and special. The love of gardening has brought people of diverse backgrounds & cultures together here because we share that nurturing pastime. Divisive politics can only incite anger, and drive wedges between us. Like many here, I have my own opinions on our current political situation, and there is a place for such discussions - but IMO, with deepest respect for the opinions of all concerned, that place is not here.

As much as I would like to see a place where the latest Covid news could be posted, maybe this thread should be closed?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm really trying to avoid replying to the repeated ill will that VR keeps posting here. i'm sorry he thinks that anyone who protests is a left-wing radical who wants to destroy the country instead of perhaps someone who has a legitimate complaint (like being killed by some jerk kneeling on your neck and taking selfies with his buddies).

i'm also trying to keep the politics and current events out of the thread and to post actual information instead of repeating lies and anecdotes. we all have things happen and we think they may be significant, but until they are verified they are just that anecdotes, not science, a point of data, but not a study or a trend.

with science it takes something more than an opinion or a hunch.

i'll believe those who do this sort of thing for a living over some random person off the web who seems rather bent on being more disruptive than helpful (and repeatedly so).

i know the type, i have them in my family, i wish they'd grow up, stop being hatefilled racists and ignorant.

pride of country is all ok, but the idea that the USoA can't be criticised or improved is utter bunk.

note, i'm not in favor of violence, but peaceful protests are what is part of the constitution. i'm all for that.

Latest posts