Coyotes

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There used to be a bounty ... but, I'm showing my age.

After losing 3 chickens, I shot a coyote. I'd have much preferred not to have lost the chickens :\. I'd also given him fair warning by completing missing, a few days before.

Once, I saw a deer chasing a coyote ..! It was surreal. It's a dog eat dog (or, something) world out there, I tell you! We should try a little harder to fit in but it's hard to know how to do that, sometimes.

Steve

There still is, at least I'm pretty sure there is. And you can get $100 for a nice pelt.

I'll bet that was a mama deer chasing that coyote. My JRT must have sniffed out a new fawn one day, or been unaware and gotten too close.
I heard this strange wailing scream and stepped out on the patio to figure it out. Here came two brown blurs through the woods. A little JRT shaped one and a large very angry doe sized one. She was only inches behind him and striking as she ran.
I turned to leap back into the house (you're on your own buddy!!) and collided with my visiting sis. She ran out of the house, raised her arms and charged at the doe yelling and waving.
The doe, determined not to get rabies from this crazy woman, turned and ran back into the woods.

(Crazy runs in the family. It just skipped over me.)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There still is, at least I'm pretty sure there is. And you can get $100 for a nice pelt.

I'll bet that was a mama deer chasing that coyote. My JRT must have sniffed out a new fawn one day, or been unaware and gotten too close.
I heard this strange wailing scream and stepped out on the patio to figure it out. Here came two brown blurs through the woods. A little JRT shaped one and a large very angry doe sized one. She was only inches behind him and striking as she ran.
I turned to leap back into the house (you're on your own buddy!!) and collided with my visiting sis. She ran out of the house, raised her arms and charged at the doe yelling and waving.
The doe, determined not to get rabies from this crazy woman, turned and ran back into the woods.

(Crazy runs in the family. It just skipped over me.)
:gigI love your Sis :gig

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Nyboy OH I haven't been there in years.....I also love it. What route do you take to get there? Have you been to "Grounds For Sculpture"?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has been a couple of years since I was able to get away. Rt 202 down about 2 hrs from me prefect for weekend get away. Never been to " grounds for sculpture" what I like about the area is its artist community. Doyletown has a great house open for touring made out of cement and tile. Owner owned a tile factory, I forgot name of house, not your every day house worth seeing.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was just at the Moravian Pottery factory and Mercer's house....There is a great Japanese restaurant there called Ooka.. Two Great places. It's just a little less time for me to get to New Hope and Doylestown. I go through Doylestown almost every weekend.

Latest posts