Craigslist and Other Bargains

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be a southern thing, Us northerner had no idea what tank was for.
Speak for yourself! :)

Glad you bought the taxed as up here if caught driving off road, might as well hand them truck keys.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great idea for a thread! A subject near and dear to my heart and one of my hobbies...get a good deal on something, avoid paying full price if at all possible.

We got an excellent deal on a pick up truck the other day for youngest son. The jury is still out on if it's a good deal when buying older vehicles for a bargain, as you never know what the owner knows about what is lurking beneath that body...only time tells the true story.

For now it's running like a top, the engine sounds good, looks clean, good battery and the body is in great condition~owner admitted to a power steering leak and it does indeed have one and it needs a new muffler and exhaust but son thinks that sounds pretty good. :rolleyes: Interior was nice, the tires great, came with a good spare and a hitch attachment for carrying extra loads.

It is a 2001 Dodge Dakota extended cab, 4WD V8 with a bedliner. Everything works and looks great for now. Advertised for $2000, got it for $1750. Nice guy, nice looking truck and son is thrilled. Says he'll post a pic to FB for me to add to this post later today.

Here's the pic...he hasn't gotten around to washing it and shining it up yet, as the weather would just ruin all that effort.

944075_10207377525349475_5654485287771963116_n.jpg

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a beauty Nyboy. You also got a great deal. I can't seem to get prices to go down as much as you. I probably would have gotten it for $100 if I was lucky. What is your secret to getting them to go down so much? Please do share. :)

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a beautiful duvet cover~with shams~ for my ancient down comforter last winter at Good Will. Looked as good as new and fit my comforter like it was made for it...$2.49. Priced similar items in catalogs and couldn't find one for under $80. Don't have pics of it, but will try to get some when I next remember.

Here's a pic but the colors didn't look right in this flash..the background is a pretty taupe instead of that olive drab hue.

LL

Last edited:

Latest posts