Craigslist and Other Bargains

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like to stop by our Good Will occasionally but I never find anything good and when I find something I'm somewhat interested in, it's so over priced.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary goodwill is over priced here to, but every now and then you can find a great deal. I just email seller would you take this amount, some times they get mad, but a lot of times they say yes. Cl at top has how long a ad has been up, I will ask a bigger discount on something thats been posted for a month, then 1 day.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A guy selling a washing machine must not have know Cl tells you how long a ad been up. I emailed him about half his asking price, ad was up over 2 weeks. He emailed me back lowering price $20 said he just placed ad and is getting many offers. He still tiring to sell it, I found one in great shape for the price I wanted to spend

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of those to be had at Good Will, for sure. Got a diaper bag there last year for $2.99 that was also in mint condition...looked like no one had used it at all. It is a Henry Brown and the canvas version of this on their site is $198...this one is leather but I didn't see that style featured in leather any longer, just the canvas. I don't know if the people who dropped it off at GW knew what they had...possibly a shower gift, as I can't imagine someone paying that much for a diaper bag, barely using it and then giving it away.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another place that you can find great things is free cycle. I think it is national, but small groups exist with in it. You go on line and find a group that is in your area and you apply for free membership. People give all kinds of good stuff away. In turn you can get rid of good stuff that you know longer want.My daughter bought a house and within a week or 2 the washer that cam ewith it died. They were tight for money and I found one one freecycle for her, gave them a few dozen eggs as a gift-but no one expects anything in return. Not a good site for anyone with hoarding tendencies.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary that jacket is pretty and the right color too!! Fuchsia!

@Beekissed your son got a nice looking truck. I'd be proud of it too!

I bought my sheep on Craigslist, 4 bred ewes and now I have 5 lambs. Three are ewes and I'll keep them and 2 were rams, now they are wethers and will be sold for slaughter. I love my sheep.

IMG2794.jpg

IMG_0090.JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I changed my front door I put the old one out on curb with a free sign. Short time later I found a note in my mailbox asking if there was any change I had keys to lock. I called the number and told them yes. I got to meet a very nice young couple starting out with their 1st house. It felt good someone was using door and not in landfill.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if that is wrought iron. Still worth $20.

Latest posts