Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
image.jpeg

What a score! An old building in town has been torn down and the remnants are open to anybody that wants it until Monday when the truck shows up to haul it off. So we got all the cement blocks above for FREE! That is five 14x14x8, five 16x16x8, thirteen 12x12x8, thirty five 16x16x4, and six 12x12x4 blocks! I scolded my husband for starting to pick one up, because he is still not cleared for such things after his shoulder replacement surgery 2 months ago, so the young man pitched in, then his boss brought over his equipment and they loaded the blocks in the bucket. Then the young man loaded them in the truck for us. My husband tipped him $28 for his help, I sure was glad, those blocks are heavy!

image.jpeg

At a junk sale on the side of the road, my husband found 3 chain link gates 4' wide, hanging hardware included and got the lady down to $45 for all 3 gates. They sell for $70 each without the hanging hardware. SCORE! We quickly loaded them up!

So for $73 we got about $600 worth of gates and cement blocks!

Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 19194

What a score! An old building in town has been torn down and the remnants are open to anybody that wants it until Monday when the truck shows up to haul it off. So we got all the cement blocks above for FREE! That is five 14x14x8, five 16x16x8, thirteen 12x12x8, thirty five 16x16x4, and six 12x12x4 blocks! I scolded my husband for starting to pick one up, because he is still not cleared for such things after his shoulder replacement surgery 2 months ago, so the young man pitched in, then his boss brought over his equipment and they loaded the blocks in the bucket. Then the young man loaded them in the truck for us. My husband tipped him $28 for his help, I sure was glad, those blocks are heavy!

View attachment 19195

At a junk sale on the side of the road, my husband found 3 chain link gates 4' wide, hanging hardware included and got the lady down to $45 for all 3 gates. They sell for $70 each without the hanging hardware. SCORE! We quickly loaded them up!

So for $73 we got about $600 worth of gates and cement blocks!

Wow you scored big time:thumbsup.

Annette

Latest posts