Craigslist and Other Bargains

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice I want one. Wash hands before going inside.

Yes, it's handy and also kind of special to me. My sister in MO had bought it at a farm sale many years ago with plans for building a stand and using in her yard. That went like so many of our projects....waiting at the bottom of a lengthening list, haha.
Anyway, she hauled it out here on a visit and my bil and dh built the stand for it. They surprised me with it when I got home from work. :love

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can get real fancy get stencil with your initials, so they look monogrammed

That would be nice, but fancy is not what I do, lol. I will be proud of myself to just get them finished in a weekend.
Now my sister on the other hand...lets just say she puts details on the details. I didn't get the inspirational crafty gene.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be nice, but fancy is not what I do, lol. I will be proud of myself to just get them finished in a weekend.
Now my sister on the other hand...lets just say she puts details on the details. I didn't get the inspirational crafty gene.
My sister is like that. We're different as night and day. Her world is perfect, she is a bit of a drama queen. My world is chaotic, crazy and far, far from perfect. ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read on Pinterest and a couple of blogs how people rejuvenated their cushions with spray paint. I'm going to try it this weekend. They all said it was an amazing and cheap upgrade. My two favorite adjectives!

The outdoor sink has a hose running to it, so it is usable, but only cold water. I use it to wash veggies off in the summer before they go in the house and to give a dry pot a good soak.

I love it! I'd love to have a sink like that...I would use that thing several times a day. Mom and I have been thinking of getting a laundry sink to place back by the hose but I'd love your kind of sink much, much more....I'll keep my eyes open this summer for a yard sale find or some such, to put up a similar setup. Would be worth its weight in gold.

I also love the patio set you got...that's a huge deal. Please show them when you are done painting them? Most people would be afraid to spray paint the cushions but I think it would be a great way to change things and also adds a little more waterproofing to the fabric.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I was puttering around and finally got to a project I've been meaning to do for 5 yrs now. Finally upholstered a chair seat on my little platform rocker that I picked up at a yard sale for $5 back in the 90s. It's solid maple and sturdy as all get out...I keep it in my bedroom for throwing my clothes on, for the occasional visitor to my realm, etc.

I repurposed an old chaise lounge cushion for the padding.

101_0792.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! Wait till you see them painted! I got 3 of the cushion sets done yesterday, but under estimated how much paint I would need. So I have to pick up 3 more cans.
Is this a special paint? What type is it? You know I'm going to go crazy painting cushions in bright colors! haha

Mary

Latest posts