CrazyFeathers Happenings

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Nyboy my hubby is obsessed with craigslist, we have found many things from chickens to vehicles as well as sold many items from piglets to ice shacks. It's nice that you list stuff for free, one man's junk....
I found a local site for our county and if I have anything to give away it goes on there and as soon as I post I get a call. I feel I'm helping someone local, whether they turn around and resell our items is a mystery but I don't like to think about that lol.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have several local "Free Cycle" sites on the internet, but over the years they have dropped out until now I can't find one at all. I wonder if CL has all that business now?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once after a storm, I had a large tree that was dead for a couple of years come down in middle of lawn. I was about to call my landscaper to come cut it up and remove. I was feeling kind of cheap, so instead I posted on CL free seasoned firewood you must cut and haul away. Being middle of summer I had low hope for responses for firewood, boy was I wrong. Tree that I was going to pay to have taken away, was neatly cut up and taken by a dad and his teenage son.I must of had over 50 request for the wood.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got the barn style shed home tonite and in one piece! We (I mean my hubby) jacked it up and blocked it, got the trailer under it and continued this process until it was mostly on the trailer and then used 2 come alongs to get it the rest of the way on. The hardest part hubby said was moving the floor jack from side to side of the shed. It went very well. The ride home was a slow 25 mph drive and wouldn't you know it the trailer lights wouldn't work, not good at 8:30 at night. We only had to go 14 miles before we could get on a back road, but 14 miles at 25 mph and no trailer lights was stressful more so because Bentley was with us. We have decided to put the shed back by the pond. Tomorrow we (I mean hubby) will figure out how to get it back there. The fields are too wet to drive in so we will have to be creative.
On the trailer we used there were some cocoons laying on some boards, I think caterpillar, my hubby unknowingly grabbed a board with one on it and smushed it on the front of his shirt. There was immediate irritation and now a few hours later his belly is flaming red, swollen, and very painful, he did put some benadryl on it. I researched and all I found was that not only caterpillars but their cocoons can be toxic, very few are poisonous, my question is has anyone encountered this before? I'd take a picture of his belly but don't think any of you would want to see his big ol beer belly.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We is a perfectly good word to use. We were there. We were giving as much help as we could. We provided valuable support. We are an equal part of 'team', spouse and spouse. We help where needed, provide incentive and lend emotional support.

I have always tried to include DH in my posts, but especially now, I like to use 'we'. Times change and lately we may mean me rather than us, but we are a team. Both of us give what we can to the team and both of us remain a valuable part of Team Byrns.

Sorry to hear about your DH. This is one case where he is better than we. That way you are able to help and comfort. I knew caterpillars could be irritating (not just on the cabbage), but never heard of someone who had such a painful reaction.

Tomorrow, THEY say, will be a nice one with no rain (until evening or later). That's as good as you're going to get it for siting the shed for a while. Next week looks like another rainy session. Congrats again on the great score!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hand signals are still legal. Bikers are supposed to use them. I've seen people with faulty brake lights or turn signals use their hands to signal their intentions.

An online guide for driver's ed. says you must learn the hand signals to take the written test and will need to know them during the driving test as well.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hubby stopped home from work to go to his second job, we successfully got the shed back by the pond, no problems. When he gets home later we will try to remove it from the trailer with the tractor. Then we can start disassembling the old red siding and repair some of the rot spots.
The swelling on his "bites" are much better, they are still red and angry looking, he says they are extremely itchy. Lots to do today so best get out there. I had to come in and have a few farm fresh eggs for breakfast. Yum. I will get some pictures today. Have a safe day.

Latest posts