CrazyFeathers Happenings

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You do have a nice place and that pond has a lot of potential. I certainly wish I had one like that to fix up. I see very little wrong with the shed you have there. It is even on a trailer.

I plan on building another coop on a trailer so I can move it out during the summer and close to the house during the winter. 'Sides, the township doesn't count it as a building ($$$) if it is mobile. Since most of this coop will be purchased, you have a far better deal there. Love it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, we are taxed for the 'floor space' or footprint of each improvement (building) on the property. Silly, but a three story coop would be taxed the same as a one story of the same size. If the outbuilding is not permanent or movable, it is not taxed. That's why I want the new coop on a trailer.

A metal storage shed from Home Depot would not be taxed unless it was mounted on a permanent foundation since it could be unassembled and moved, while my smaller chicken coop would be taxed since it is intended to stay there if the property were to be sold.

Of course, farm buildings are not taxed at the same rate as homes, but are considered improvements and taxable.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am going to post a bunch of pictures again, I hope I am not boring you. :fl
Can someone tell me what this weed is?
blilyweed.jpg

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Many Lily's are blooming!
blilylotsred.jpg

blilyred.jpg

This one is a new lily for me this year. I never remember names of flowers, I don't keep a journal only for my green house.
blilyorangered.jpg

Love this one too!
blilywhitered.jpg

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Papa and Bentley were doing some work on the "free" shed today. Got both sides done and working on the front using the red barn board from the tear down shed.
blilybentleygrandpa.jpg

blilygrandpabentley.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oooh! Love that lily with the orange throat!

I don't remember the name of that weed, but I have it all over here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin as well. I used to get it confused with stinging nettle, but learned I can and do pull it without the lingering sting of nettle.

Papa must have a lot of love and patience to handle a helper like Bentley. While I love doing things with my Grands, I realize that all work takes a lot longer to get done. That precious Bentley is certainly focused and engaged in the work being done. Look at that concentration!

Lucky all three of you!

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really like the Orange Lily too @Smart Red.
I didn't pull that weed at first because I thought it was my delphinium (spelling), but in just a couple of days with all the rain and warm weather that thing shot up like a bean stalk lol. I will pull it tomorrow.
Bentley really enjoys helping Papa and picks up on things easily. With no father in the picture it makes my heart happy to see my hubby step into the role as Papa and teacher. A boy needs a male role model IMHO, otherwise Bentley would have his finger nails painted once a week instead of once a month by his mother and believe me this drives Papa crazy lol. That patience you see is because these two share a very special bond, I've honestly never seen a toddler so in love with his grandpa. Bentley knows what time he gets home from work and watches for him, runs to his truck and doesn't leave his side until bedtime, yep grandma no longer exists when g-pa gets home.