CrazyFeathers Happenings

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
cheat.jpg

This is what I found on the internet: Matrix Asiatic Lily. The first one is theirs, 2nd one is mine.
blilyorangered.jpg

I'd say that is pretty close..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@CrazyFeathers The lily photos are stunning . I have the deep maroon and the white speckled. Really like the Matrix. How sweet that Bentley and Papa have such a special bond. Yeah, this Gma becomes invisible when Papa comes along, too. Those boys sure love there Papa. :love

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Only been able to pop in and read the chit chat for a few minutes a couple times because once again we are busy beavers.
We dug out the slop off the bottom of the pond, added field rock (3 large trailer loads) in the process my husband's 15 year old battery in the trusty old Chevy farm truck started bubbling and expired but she finished the last load before "she" got a new one, added 3 loads of sand, flower baskets, and tiki torches, oh and fire pit, and a new fountain. Of course I don't have a picture I will get one tomorrow if it's not raining.
I am in the process of a new rock flower bed, me and Bentley have been working on thAt and I believe he will have a rock addiction just like his G-ma.
IMAG0758.jpg
IMAG0757.jpg

My garden is producing wonderfully, we have been eating beans, carrots, peas, lettuce, tons of zucchini, and we had our first cabbage hot dish tonight for supper, Yum.
IMAG0765.jpg
IMAG0764.jpg

I did have a problem with the green and yellow caterpillars on my cabbage but I used some powder and that was resolved. I should have tomatoes soon.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We found homes for our 3 piglets, sadly.
IMAG0759.jpg

Bentley takes it upon himself every day to feed the chickens, sometimes he over feeds them but he seems so proud and happy to do it I just let him go. He gets the scoop and the feed all by himself and remembers to throw some inside of the coop too for the antisocial chickens lol.
IMAG0767.jpg
IMAG0770.jpg

I got a few new birds a lavender polish, a shamo, a silver laced wydonott, and a white crested polish. That shamo is one freaky, long legged, dinosaur looking bird, also not very social. He/she looks evil but is not aggressive as I have read.
I found my white Easter eggers nest up in the haymow along with Choco-lots (muscovy). Choco just hatched out 10 ducklings and she is sitting again. My BO just showed up with 6 chicks and now my Delaware just went broody, it's all good though I sell some, keep some, and give some away.
Our goats are due any day, that's exciting.
Lastly I had a special visitor on my deck one morning, it's ok with me he is welcome here.
IMAG0766.jpg
I think that's about it besides the 80 plus bales of hay my husband purchased that we have to get, haul and put up in the mow without an elevator in the 90 degree temps and high humidity but at 1.75 a bale for 2nd crop hay we couldn't pass it up. Life is good.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, hay for 1.75 a bale? Wish I could get a deal like that!
Everything looks so nice and green.
I think Bentley is the best helper ever, and learning how to work with his grandma is super special. :)

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Really enjoyed your pics. Bentley is such a cutie! Those rocks are a little too big to put in one's pocket. I find them everywhere with my girls. Wash quite a few too. :)

Latest posts