CRUCIAL! Annual Nagging Needed Early this year!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, you are gettin' a runnin' start on the kick-in-the-butt this year aren't you? I'm not going to gripe at you, because I am in line for some of this "encouragement" myself. Re-doing a house and the so called garden spot is still a raw piece of land, complete with weeds. So how can I fuss at you? :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welllp, o kindasorta did what Ridge said and just got to doing some things. Got the main bunch of berry thinnings out. Got the main piles of old bean plants out. Got a couple of the hoses disconnected, drained and rolled up for the winter.

getting hoses and connections done before frost is important...I have a complicated system of those...

ok, tomorrow I'll just get out there and do some more stuff...probably start in on degraded plastic removal and stuff it into big garbage bags for the recycling place...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy!

I'm gonna need some of this, too. First thing to do is clean the outdoor part of the chicken coop. That will give me a place to move some potting soil and the pallet those bags are sitting on. Then, I'll have room in the carport to start building those fence panels ...

I'm hoping for just the right day. The "coop porch" is under a roof and the litter will be dry and dusty, I'm afraid. There is all winter to get a start on this thing but there is more than that fence to be working on come spring!

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or put the car in the carport. When so many chores are connected sometimes it just seems to big a chore. Just start. When I have a big chore that I hate, it is usually some organizing chore, I start will a small part of it and try to get it done. My energy takes over and I get more of it done then planned. Get off you butt digits and do it!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet she could have taught me to paint!

My first teevee was purchased "so I could learn to paint." Then, since I couldn't seem to coordinate my time with when Bob Ross was on, I bought a vcr. Shoot. My spell checker doesn't know what a VCR is!

Well anyway, this all occurred over a year or so. I never picked up a paintbrush before, during or since! I did get back to watching McNeil Lehrer and Washington Week ...

Steve :rolleyes:

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, I dinked around some in the garden this morning, raking the beds, removing the wood labels. Got the wheelbarrow in place for loading it...

Digit, I'm in, "just do some darn thing in the garden" mode at this point...

...and now i check my emails, and one of my bosses needs me to do some extra things, not much, but I need to guzzle some more coffee first and catch up on notifications... ohhh, and zip thru the fb notifications...never mind reading some history stories on wikipedia like i wanted to. the crusades can waitaminute LOL!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth do not feel bad have had everything ready to put away hoses/cages/etc for months and this afternoon finally got over that procrastination
and just did it..
@baymule hows the new garden coming along?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like being able to tell you guys what to do. I must be more diplomatic with the husband. Though he would not agree with my assessment. We filled a small sink hole near the front of our barn with cement last weekend. The horses were starting to have a little trouble with the footing. When we were done I announced to my husband, "Boy, that was fun." He just rolled his eyes.

Latest posts