CRUCIAL! Annual Nagging Needed Early this year!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is known as job security, Cat'. Never actually finish with anything. :) Yeah, I won't be putting this up as a fence until spring - haven't even brought the posts home yet.

I discovered one thing today. It takes nearly 2 hours to build 1 but it doesn't take more than 3 hours to build 2. Too often, jobs are like that. If you fiddle with it, all those extra daily set-up & clean-up tasks add to the total workload.

Now, who do we know who fails to work right thru on a task??

Steve? ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
jawsmiley[1].gif

Are you talking about me?????

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is known as job security, Cat'. Never actually finish with anything. :) Yeah, I won't be putting this up as a fence until spring - haven't even brought the posts home yet.

I discovered one thing today. It takes nearly 2 hours to build 1 but it doesn't take more than 3 hours to build 2. Too often, jobs are like that. If you fiddle with it, all those extra daily set-up & clean-up tasks add to the total workload.

Now, who do we know who fails to work right thru on a task??

Steve? ;)
My husband usually leaves things 95% done. He told me he doesn't want to finish because I will find another job for him as soon as he does. He is a perfectionist in his work and spends a lot of time in the planning. Not writing and drawing planning. He just stares at his job until it all plays out in his head. I hate leaving my projects undone. But I have a lot of creative energy. I have learned not to push myself to near collapse. My break is over-back to leaf mulching my daylily beds. GET BACK TO WORK!!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Worked on it until it got dark. One end is done, the big middle section is SO CLOSE to being done, just another 5 feet or so stitching, then set it in, and connect to the end in already, then the short close end, which is like teiangle shaped with a cut off squared end. Should be done making it to morrow.

Then back to sieving soil to fill it. Amazing how dirt finds its way in through gloves!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this year no procrastination <yeah right> anyway drove to lowes and picked all my u-posts and fencing for the expanded main garden. hopefully be able to install sometime in the next month or once the soil thaws.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I just HAD to post an "interesting" study that somebody talked about on the radio this week. The source said that
1) Most people do not accomplish everything that they want to do in one year
BUT
2) Most people accomplish more in 5 years than they had planned to do.
Is it me, or is this cracked logic?
IDK, but I figured we aren't all ready to dig dirt right now, so it's worthy of discussion. :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what I will need to do over the next 5 years.

I don't care to know what I will want to do.

I'm already likely to stifle spontaneity just taking things a few weeks at a time!

Steve
who took the day off from fence-building what with 25mph wind gusts

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back to one post and one fence panel per day.

Thursday and Friday look like they may be the days off this week because of the rain and snow in the forecast. Calm winds, however, so I'll just have to be poised at the window.

I think there will be only the trimming of posts and capping left if I can just continue through the weekend without a break. That will suit me just fine but I'm not gonna make myself miserable to get 'er dun, if the weather is bad.

:) Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
<<< is getting tired of sieving soil :p

Latest posts