CRUCIAL! Annual Nagging Needed Early this year!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great pictures Marshall! We really needed to see that PROOF that you really are out there in the rain WORKING, not playing with mud pies!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a problem. I never gave your post a thought in that direction.

You might have noticed any complaining I did was about DH's different vision of how to use the shed, not about the fact that he did the cleaning and moving. Clayton is a fantastic, self-motivated worker that just won't stop. I could sit and watch him work all day and I often have.

I have alway 'seen' the garden shed as a place to start spring plants and to plant some winter crops inside. The 16 feet of windows seem perfect for that purpose. DH sees the shed as storage for anything that will fit and can be used with dirt. We have clashed for years in this vision and others like it. Of course, DH is always right and in due time I have what I want. That's the main reason I never complain. It might not come right away, but I am spoiled rotten by this guy and in the end we do things my way because he thinks it's what he always wanted.
My vision and my husbands are always polar opposite. Somehow we work it out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth doesn't want to come on today to let you know that northern California is in a heckuva rainstorm and he spent the day clinging to branches and trying to keep his head above water. Yes, he could've been working but you see how he was otherwise enjoying himself ...

On the other hand, I finished one fence panel! There could have easily been two and I have plans to wear sweatpants tomorrow so as to get more done working on the concrete floor of the carport.

Something that took me some time was figuring out how build 6' panels when the floor is only 8' wide ... Then, there was calculating how to make them square - by measuring diagonally and making marks on wet concrete where the rain had blown in ...

Tomorrow, some of California's rain will be up here. I've figured out that I will need to cut boards in the carport prior to assembling. The sawhorses can then be moved out of the way. I won't be running an electric saw while standing in mud, in the rain.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to get after that fence project Steve! I know Marshall will be encouraged by your fine example and as soon as he dries off will hop right out to the garden and start blazing away in the digitS fashion!!

This warm weather has me ready to get out and rake up some pine needles that didn't get taken care of earlier. It's great to have this little window of opportunity to get some additional work done in the yard.
I've been off for almost two weeks and am already almost ready to get back at it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth doesn't want to come on today to let you know that northern California is in a heckuva rainstorm and he spent the day clinging to branches and trying to keep his head above water. Yes, he could've been working but you see how he was otherwise enjoying himself ...

On the other hand, I finished one fence panel! There could have easily been two and I have plans to wear sweatpants tomorrow so as to get more done working on the concrete floor of the carport.

Something that took me some time was figuring out how build 6' panels when the floor is only 8' wide ... Then, there was calculating how to make them square - by measuring diagonally and making marks on wet concrete where the rain had blown in ...

Tomorrow, some of California's rain will be up here. I've figured out that I will need to cut boards in the carport prior to assembling. The sawhorses can then be moved out of the way. I won't be running an electric saw while standing in mud, in the rain.

Steve
Jeesh. I better start nagging the husband about a few unfinished jobs....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't see why I can't finish two fence panels, today. There are now 6 with 9 set as my Late Autumn goal.

As I've progressed, I've added to the number of what I think would be a good place to stop. (I've been back to buy rail boards twice :rolleyes:.) It may be that my elbow makes creaking noises when I reach in my back pocket for the wallet. DW nixed my idea of reusing some of the old boards ... :\

This isn't the biggest job in the world. I can build a panel in about 2 hours. Layout takes as long as anything. I mean, I'm good for 3+ hours of garden work the first few days of spring (not counting 24hrs monitoring the greenhouse ...).

No, 2 panels and then there's only 1 left for tomorrow. After that, maybe I'll have a theme for that all-important Christmas letter ;).

Steve

Latest posts