Cutting back chives???

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds yummy!!! No fancy oils in my neck of the woods ( and no thyme, now that you mention it--- I'd better check out my seeds and see what I can find!).

Do you buy your oils locally, or order online? If you have an online source-- please share too! (I'm not asking much, am I... LOL)

wifezilla said:
I keep it really simple. Chive vinegar, olive, walnut or almond oil (walnut is really yum), fresh ground pepper, sea salt, a little fresh thyme, and a touch of honey. Sorry, i don't measure so I can't be more specific. just taste as you go.

This dressing is really good on a salad made of cucumber slice, grape tomatoes, and cubes of mozzarella cheese. Mmmmmmmmmm!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I learned something new too!! I bought myself chive seeds for my birthday with a cute lil growing pot.... it DOES say to transfer them when they're about 3 inches tall... LOL

I guessI didn't realize that they were a perennial! Now I know! Guess I better get that other perennial box started now! I wanted to get some asparagus and rhubarb to put in it as well... Can you grow those together??

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
How big is your perennial "box"? Is it a pot? or a space in your garden? I'm not sure how they grow together, but rhubarb is huge.. chives spread.. Asparagus needs space== they all do-- so plan on space, space, space

nachoqtpie said:
I learned something new too!! I bought myself chive seeds for my birthday with a cute lil growing pot.... it DOES say to transfer them when they're about 3 inches tall... LOL

I guessI didn't realize that they were a perennial! Now I know! Guess I better get that other perennial box started now! I wanted to get some asparagus and rhubarb to put in it as well... Can you grow those together??

Latest posts