Dad is Happy My Car Needs Oil Change

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I thought. 4 gallons, what kind of vehicle is it?

My Dad was a mechanic. He taught me that changing oil regularly was the best value repair. He did it every 2,000. Synthetic oil does last longer but a lot of metal filings in oil that you can't see. Since we run till the body falls apart, I'll spend the money on oil changes. Cheaper than new engine. Regular oil change costs $.01/mile or less.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shouldn''t admit this, I had a 4 year old mustang I thought oil light meant time for oil change not no oil. I cried when found out what a 4 year old mustang convertible with blown engine is worth .
Daughter had a college boyfriend who went out to check the oil on her car. Obviously, it is something not taught in or before college because he tried to pour oil down the tiny check oil tube. I think that was the beginning of the end for daughter and this nice guy.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hysterical, Red!

On my first car, a 73 super beetle, I learned how to change the oil and filter, replace the plugs and gap them too!, change the dist cap, fix a flat, and rotate the tires. I could not change or pack the grease into the CV joints tho. Oh, and had to replace the battery a dozen times. I had that car for a Looonnnggg time!

They should teach that to all youngsters now. My DD has a flat and its been like that for a month. Too bad she lives in AR, else I'd be there to change it for her.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Obviously you aren't driving a pickup Major, 4 gallons is a lot of oil!

your statement is so true i do not drive a pick-up ...
@seedcorn this should help you as well...

WISH TO INTRODUCE YOU TO BIG RED..
A 1997 FORD 1 TON F-350 7.3 L POWERSTOKE DIESEL 4x4 CREW CAB LONG BED.......21' OF ALL AMERICAN STEEL
DSC_0006.JPG

THATS 8 CYLINDERS OF TORQUE .
DSC_0001.JPG

SO NOW YOU KNOW WHY IT TAKES 4 GALLONS FOR A OIL CHANGE........

the motor has 331k and only burns a quart between oil changes and still gets 18-19 mpg, planning on keeping her around another 331k...
the 7.3L motor was the best one ford ever came out with.

on all newer "so called pick-ups" look closely at the vin tag on the drivers door side, it clearly states vehicle manufactured by either mattel or leggo plastic's companies .......:lol:

last year while pulling a stump out big red pulled the earth 1 degree out of it's normal axis.:D:D

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't ride in back, so not a issue which do you recommend ? Want some thing a few years old so I don't have to worry about ding and starches.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
toyota tacoma v-6 since you live in new york find one up there in the country with 1 owner, low mileage... the only reason is y'all up north love to throw down salt on the roads....

all you need is a bottle of tequila,shot glass,lime..who needs salt just lick a car...

Latest posts