Dad is Happy My Car Needs Oil Change

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father just picked up my car, for a oil change. He loves taking cars for oil changes. The waiting room at shop as free unlimited coffee and donuts. He happily sits there eating donuts drinking coffee chatting with who ever is sitting in waiting room. I must have the most changed oil in the country.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could sure use him around.I always forget to have it done in a timely fashion and then dislike the wait. Can I borrow him? I know it is something Dad would have done for me if I had just thought to ask him. ( I am missing him a lot this week.)

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got my oil change this morning. I always stretch the milage between changes because all my travel begins and ends with highway driving. I never did pay much heed to the "every 3,000 mile" suggestion and this car suggests every 7,000 miles so I stretched it to 10,000.

No free coffee there, we walked to the restaurant for breakfast while the mechanic changed the oil and babysat my dog, Cee Cee. I had forgotten why I went into town so early and brought the dog along. No place for a dog at breakfast, so Cee Cee played with his dog, Chevy, while he worked. The dogs have met before and get along just great.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to be allowed to be less helpful. I guess I'm not at the age where I'm unimportant and inconsequential yet. You are right, so lucky, that showing your parents they are needed is important to them. I did that with MIL a lot.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
wish my father would fly out and take my truck in for a oil change, last year while he was out i changed my oil he asked why are you putting so much in, well dad it takes 4 gallons. being the financial wizard that he is asked how much per oil change?, 95.00 without air and fuel filters..how often do you change it? every 5-7 thousand he had a good laugh better you than me.
my father is one of those types that will calculate to the exact odometer reading before having his oil changed, plus he will run his tank to the bear minimum before filling up so he can get that extra .5 cents off on gas.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shouldn''t admit this, I had a 4 year old mustang I thought oil light meant time for oil change not no oil. I cried when found out what a 4 year old mustang convertible with blown engine is worth .

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
wish my father would fly out and take my truck in for a oil change, last year while he was out i changed my oil he asked why are you putting so much in, well dad it takes 4 gallons. being the financial wizard that he is asked how much per oil change?, 95.00 without air and fuel filters..how often do you change it? every 5-7 thousand he had a good laugh better you than me.
my father is one of those types that will calculate to the exact odometer reading before having his oil changed, plus he will run his tank to the bear minimum before filling up so he can get that extra .5 cents off on gas.

Obviously you aren't driving a pickup Major, 4 gallons is a lot of oil!

Latest posts