Dead asparagus?

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hey simple life and reinbeau I used to garden in Mass and built a rock wall from the stones I pulled out of my garden...I swear the pebbles grew over the winter into boulders...

I now live in an area that has NO boulders...but only a foot of soil then sand when I first started gardening here ...I had a lot of work to do to improve it especially for my asparagas and rhubarb

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
hey simple life and reinbeau I used to garden in Mass and built a rock wall from the stones I pulled out of my garden...I swear the pebbles grew over the winter into boulders...
They call 'em New England Potatoes, ya know! :gig

I now live in an area that has NO boulders...but only a foot of soil then sand when I first started gardening here ...I had a lot of work to do to improve it especially for my asparagas and rhubarb
Aren't you up near Rochester? Lots of pine barrens around there, our house in Lebanon has the same kind of 'soil' - make that sand with a layer of duff on top!

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
they are growing!!! not all but that might be a blessing.. but they are growing.. they look like an asparagus comming right out of the ground.. skinny little asparagus!!! wooo hooo :rose

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I googled pics and is there different types???

because this one isnt ferny..

asparagus-plant.jpg

and this is what mine is looking like right out of the ground.. shoot like..

this isnt mine.. mine is just one little asparagus about 8 inches tall..

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It will continue to "leaf out" from each of those branches in the first photo.

The second photo looks like asparagus fern, hard for me to see as the photo is a lil small. It is actually a type of lily and not edible. So named because of how the 2 plants look similar.

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ya'll have scared me. I love to eat asparagus and have them at least once a week but I don't know of perament place to plant them. My husband said they have to be planted by the existing veggie garden and not on another part of the property. So I will continue to buy at Publix and see how the first year of crop goes and then go from there I guess.

Latest posts