Deer Season 2018

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lost count of how many deer I've hit - or been hit by. My bumper, grill, head/signal lights are once again (3rd time) being held on by Gorilla Tape. Never bothered to have the dent in the hood or the one behind the driver's door fixed. I'm considering those trophies of the bucks that hit me hard enough to move the parked truck.

That's what we call passive aggressive hunting Cane. Haha

Well, bow season has come and gone, I am very out of practice, missed 3 with the bow. I EVEN MISSED ONE DEER 3 TIMES! Anyway, I had been promising my grandson that I would take him once it cooled off enough to run the bugs in, and when Black powder season came in. Well it came in this past Saturday, and he was really excited, I took him to one of my better spot, knowing he would at least get to see some deer. He actually did better than I thought, I was sure to take snacks and some binoculars for him to play around with. Only needing to keep him still and quite for 1.5 hours, after a juice box and some Fritos, he feel asleep Lol. I woke him up when I saw the first deer cross the power line. He was able to watch it for a bit, I asked him, you want to take that one, he nodded, Probably 90 yd. shot, DRT (dead right there) he was pumped, already asking me to go again.

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you were able to get one. You must have gotten up pretty early for him to conk out.

Ps. Cracked me up that you missed that deer 3 times!
Mary