Devonviolet Acres

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh braces. I'll have to say it's by lying big time to say mine aren't bugging me. Had the bottoms tightened last night for the first time, and now I'm starving but don't have courage to eat a lot.
;) I hesitated to "like" your post @Poka_Doodle. All these years later, I still remember how painful having braces tightened was. Not fun at all!:thSoup & smoothies might be on the menu for a while. Back in my day. :old I didn't have smoothies to tide me over. :idunno

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks @baymule. These look yummy. I might have to find a source for dandelions, though. I don't remember seeing dandelions on our land last year. Although last Spring & Summer were a blur of activity! I didn't have a lot of time to stop & look around much. :th

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 12056
This is the gravel (calechie) road that goes by our house. They call it a "county road" but it is more like a 1-1/2 lane, pot hole laden dirt road. Ah, the joys of living in the country! :oops:

That long, gravel lane speaks peace to my soul. I'd love to get a little farther off the beaten path. :)

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
;) I hesitated to "like" your post @Poka_Doodle. All these years later, I still remember how painful having braces tightened was. Not fun at all!:thSoup & smoothies might be on the menu for a while. Back in my day. :old I didn't have smoothies to tide me over. :idunno
Yeah. Except I don't eat those, I just either don't eat, bear through the pain, have yogurt or applesauce

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @baymule. These look yummy. I might have to find a source for dandelions, though. I don't remember seeing dandelions on our land last year. Although last Spring & Summer were a blur of activity! I didn't have a lot of time to stop & look around much. :th
:ep I thought they grew every where !!

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:ep I thought they grew every where !!
When we lived in PA, our HOA put herbicides on the grass, to kill Dandelions & Clover. :thI tried to stop them, because those chemicals make me very sick. But the neighbors (who didn't have children) were worried about bees, on the blossoms, would sting the bare fee of children playing on the grass. Only the thing was, the few children that only occasionally played pin the grass always wore shoes. There was no concern about children & pets getting sick, or worse yet cancer, later in life.

I will definitely be looking for safe (not sprayed) dandelion flowers to pick, this spring. :D

Latest posts