Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When the drugs and booze wore off after finding a snake in my kitchen. I called in a exterminator, I told him make my house glow use your most toxic gas. He said problem was yard was filled with their favorite food grasshoppers. Till I got rid of the grasshopper I will always have snakes. Ps you can not buy a mongoose in NY.
Ugh! I'm not a fan of toxic chemicals - for anything! :sick :eek: :sick If my house glowed from toxic chemicals, I would run down the dirt road, screaming my head off, never to return!!! :th

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least he waited until the drugs and booze wore off to call the exterminator. The exterminator, not affected by the drugs or booze, probably used his state approved products with no intention of toxic glow. Otherwise Nyboy's house would resemble Crater Lake.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carter Lake is beauuuutiful, NyBoy!

Probably the very best example of Nature healing itself.

Couldn't have been much fun around that mountain for a couple of centuries, however ...

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife and I visited Crater Lake ( extinct volcano) 2 years ago in the spring... It is BEA.UTIFUL :celebratealright, but the dark side is to be prepared for the trip up the mountain that is very steep, narrow, 2 lane road and you just may have white knuckles just by looking out your side window at the abrupt abiss of the side of the mountain. :th Upon arriving at the top and the lake side, be prepared to apply every bug reppelant known to man and then swat every horde of mosquitos that has the nerve to land on your skin. Both of us as well as the masses of visitors had their bite welts on top of bite welts then visit the nearest hopital for a blood infusion. :lol: We will plan our next visit to Crater Lake after several killing frosts and before the snow flies to take full extent of it's beauty. :ya :weee :thumbsup

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
At least he waited until the drugs and booze wore off to call the exterminator. The exterminator, not affected by the drugs or booze, probably used his state approved products with no intention of toxic glow. Otherwise Nyboy's house would resemble Crater Lake.
:lol: Too funny Red! :gig

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My wife and I visited Crater Lake ( extinct volcano) 2 years ago in the spring... It is BEA.UTIFUL :celebratealright, but the dark side is to be prepared for the trip up the mountain that is very steep, narrow, 2 lane road and you just may have white knuckles just by looking out your side window at the abrupt abiss of the side of the mountain. :th Upon arriving at the top and the lake side, be prepared to apply every bug reppelant known to man and then swat every horde of mosquitos that has the nerve to land on your skin. Both of us as well as the masses of visitors had their bite welts on top of bite welts then visit the nearest hopital for a blood infusion. :lol: We will plan our next visit to Crater Lake after several killing frosts and before the snow flies to take full extent of it's beauty. :ya :weee :thumbsup

Oh my GOSH! :ep You can count me out on a Spring time visit to Crater Lake! I'm like a mosquito magnet! And Chiggers? Just thinking about the itch makes me itch! I recently ended up with at least 30 chigger bites, after 10 minutes in the back pasture! UGH! Talk about three days of torture! :eek: :th

Back in 1986, we went, for 2 weeks of camping, at Lake Wallenpaupak, in the Pocono Mountains, of Pennsylvania. I must have gotten over 100 mosquito bites!

I'm pretty sure that is where/when I contracted Lyme Disease and the co-infection Babesia. Many people don't know it, but Deer Ticks aren't the only vector that transmits Lyme. Mosquitos do their fair share of doing that dastardly deed as well!

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had rain all around us today. It seems the storms dissapate or blow in a differen't direction before they get to us. Sometimes that's a good thing. But lately, with all the high 100°+ temps, a nice rain storm would be a good thing.

Today was no different. :hit We only got a quick shower. :idunno Baymule texted me that the TV & Internet were off & they were sitting on their beautiful screened porch watching the rain.

We didn't have rain, but we did have a GORGEOUS sunset.
0727162028.jpg

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:ep WOW! What an amazing shot!
:thumbsup
Okay, I take it back. With views like that, I sure wouldn't mind going to Crater Lake! I would just have to make up an extra strong batch of my homemade mosquito repellant. :lol:

:hide So, can someone clarify something for me? Is it Crater Lake? Or Carter Lake? Or are there two different lakes? I'm confused! :hu

Latest posts