1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Flower Show
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

DH

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gardening with Rabbits, May 26, 2017.

1. May 26, 2017
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

His surgery went well. The neurosurgeon opened the ventricle and took out blood and thought he was going to take out 3 tumors but it was just scar tissue. He saw no reason for the bleeding. Lots of questions of why this happened. Was it Lovenox or was it his cancer medicine or the combination? They are putting him on low dose Lovenox, which has me scared. I give for 2 weeks and then he goes on Coumadin. I am going to have the hematologist/oncologist get answers. His CT scan of chest was stable. He may get to go home Saturday. Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. It means a lot. So many people all over prayed for him, I wonder if God dissolved the tumors??? There should be 6 in his head. Three were not there, and seems like only 1 left unless that’s scar tissue too???

2. May 26, 2017
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

:hugsPrayers being said for your family

3. May 26, 2017
    ducks4you

ducks4you Garden Master

East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
    :hugsPrayers sent.

4. May 26, 2017
    Beekissed

Beekissed Garden Master

What a blessing to find those tumors gone!!!! :weee Thank you for the update and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as I go along the day. I hope he will be back in your garden in time to annoy you in little ways, GWR! :hugs :)

5. May 27, 2017
    Chickie'sMomaInNH

Chickie'sMomaInNH Garden Addicted

good to hear he is having some progress with getting the tumors to go away. i hope they find out what is causing the bleeding.

6. May 27, 2017
    baymule

baymule Garden Master

Thanks to the Lord! Blessings on you and your husband. Prayers for you and your husband.

valley ranch, Beekissed, pjn and 2 others like this.
  7. May 27, 2017
    Collector

Collector Garden Addicted

I hope the news continues to move in a positive direction. Sending prayers to you and your husband.

8. May 27, 2017
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

He is stronger today. Still confused some, but getting better as the day went. Was out of bed and walked a little. He is looking different. He has more of alert facial expressions. For the past 2 years he has seemed kind of not as alert, more of dull facial expressions. He has been nice and calm for the past 2 years, but normally he is pretty let's say animated. Lol. He used to get upset easy, wants things now, so he was getting upset with the nurses which is something more normal for him. He started moving his hands different and even DS noticed and his hands were strong and he said I bet he gets right out of bed and walks and he did. He used to stroke his chin when talking on the phone or thinking and he was doing it over and over today, and looking at his hands. I used to tell him he needed to have something in his hands if he ever quit smoking. He smoked for over 40 years and quit 2 years ago when diagnosed. I hope the urge to smoke does not return. He has been calm for 2 years. I see this finger hand moving thing and I used to be able to tell when he was going to get up and get a cigarette. I also called him on the phone tonight and when saying goodbye he called me Babe. He called me that all the years we have been married but I cannot remember him saying it for the last 2 years. For 25 years I am either honey, babe, wifey, wife, mother, mama, but never my first name very often and the last 2 years he is using my real name a lot. I thought I would put his picture here since people are praying for him. This is my favorite picture of him. This is 1999. I cropped this one so you can see him better. He is holding DS in this picture and DD standing next to him. This is the day we brought DS home from the hospital 2 days after he was born. Andy.jpg

9. May 27, 2017
    journey11

journey11 Garden Master

That's amazing, GWR. Praying for continued healing! :hugs I'm sure the bit of confusion will clear as the swelling from the operation subsides.

10. May 27, 2017
    lcertuche

lcertuche Deeply Rooted

So wonderful for you to get to see him has he used to act! :hugsIt's like a lovely memory that you had forgotten but remembered.